EMEA Technical Lead
Portfolio – Tools /
We are an energetic and delivery-focused technology consultancy, with a unique set of approaches which accelerate customer success in planning and executing complex transformations of their infrastructure and applications. These approaches are supported by a set of tools: we are looking for a strong technical lead to join one of our development teams responsible for these.
This is a great opportunity for a technologist that has delivered responsive, interactive applications for enterprise or public use. You understand the importance of a well-defined application architecture and have experience establishing and evolving this architecture. Passion about code quality through pairing and code review is a driving force in who you are; you know how to raise the level of your development team.
You are familiar with the disciplines of agile development and lead by example in promoting these habits and values. You have experience in design patterns and refactoring at code and architectural levels.
You are proactive in understanding the needs of your product users and can work with product owners to balance these needs with technical constraints in reviewing and prioritizing requirements and user stories. In planning with your team, you are experienced in breaking these stories into technical tasks and helping developers produce estimates.
- Provide technical and architectural leadership in a small high-functioning development team
- Maintain and improve architectural consistency and clean design in a complex C#/.NET application
- Promote code quality through establishing standards, reviewing code and pairing
- Writing back-end and front-end code for a rich, performant application
- Instilling, maintaining and enhancing core agile development practices including TDD, CI, refactoring
Desired Skills and Experience
- Degree/masters qualification in appropriate subject
- 7+ years experience in application/product development
- Senior developer/tech lead experience in small/medium-sized product team
- Strong developer experience in C#, .NET (in particular MVC, Entity Framework)
- Relational database/SQL (MS SQL Server/My SQL)
- Python/Django development preferred
- Experience managing a technical team, strong communication skills
- Strong spoken and written English
- A life-long learner, committed to personal improvement and professional practice, with a restless intellect and genuine interest in working with cutting-edge technologies
Virtual Clarity, a DXC Technology company, is a consultancy and advisory business that focuses on transforming enterprise IT. We are obsessive about return on energy and pride ourselves on delivering outcomes to our customers, so they can unlock the value of new technologies and new ways of working. There’s a lot of complexity and decisions for companies to make on a journey to transformation. Where do you start?
Our tribe is made up of change makers - a blend of enterprise IT insiders and hands on experts - who help companies understand and simplify the challenges of implementing large-scale IT modernization in highly complex and regulated environments. They’ve delivered change into some of the world’s largest, mission-critical technology
transformation projects. And we’re growing fast, so need more like-minded people to join us. Do you fit the bill?
Working with us
We are very proud of our unique culture and values. We celebrate the fact we are a bunch of oddly-shaped cookies with a variety of experiences, backgrounds, knowledge and brains. We focus on what’s best for our customers – we care about them and our tribe. We give a damn.
Our style is pretty informal but we don’t lack discipline, although we actively choose not to be corporate. We work hard and make it happen, but we play hard too. We revel in difference. If all this sounds like you, we’d like to hear from you.