IT Financial Consultant-EMEA
Delivery – CIO Insight /
You will act as part of the Economic Value Management (EVM) delivery team as a subject matter expert in IT Financial Management. The EVM team is a financially driven group within Virtual Clarity. Our goal is to provide clients with the financial transparency required to make informed decisions related to their current IT estate or transformation journeys.
No day will ever be the same. From engaging in client-facing delivery assignments to handling ad-hoc requests related to growing the offering, as well as developing materials or participating in client discovery calls as a finance SME, there are plenty of opportunities for growth and development.
The role requires regular interfacing with our clients, and the ability to use sound financial analysis and reasoning skills to enable executive-level decision-making related to IT programs and projects. You would use financial management and analytical approaches consistent with the consulting industry’s financial management best practices. You would leverage your expertise in financial analysis, advanced use of Microsoft Excel, and a deep understanding of IT cost accounting to answer critical questions on behalf of our clients and present that information to their executive leadership.
Up to 50% travel will be required for this role.
- Act as the finance SME for EVM delivery engagements, interface with customers to collect and triage data, and refine a solution for presentation to client executive leadership.
- Build Cloud Business Cases leveraging data analysis as part of delivery engagements
- Undertake financial analysis using proprietary tooling to provide clients with the information and understanding needed to make effective IT-related decisions
- Advise the Project or Program manager at each project stage on benefits realization and financial management: initiating, planning, executing, closing, and controlling projects
- Design reporting dashboards for consumption by the Client
- Identify opportunities to reduce costs and facilitate plans to realize savings
- Work closely with client's financial and billing teams on a budget, forecast, and expense reports
- Create operational metrics to demonstrate costs and assist with tracking
- Lead regular cadence calls providing expert advice and consulting on IT financial management activities
- Support discovery and pre-sales calls to understand client’s challenges and provide subject matter expertise in client-facing conversations
- Support the broader team on Request for Proposal responses – such as identifying approach and presenting out of the box ideas for client’s challenges
- Help draft statements of work while communicating effectively with Sales teams
- Ability to work effectively to build relationships with department managers
- Ability to identify and resolve problems and conflicts
- Ability to develop, direct, motivate, and gain commitment with various stakeholders
- Courage to recommend and implement change
- Experience making informal presentations to leadership
- Ability to manage internal and external stakeholder expectations and communicate appropriately (in person or over conference/video calls).
- Ability to effectively present and gather information at client meetings, and be proactive in improving the quality of client deliverables
- Experience reporting, forecasting, and communicating costs related to technology
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, prioritize work, manage time, and respond effectively to a rapidly changing, deadline-driven team environment
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in assessing and mitigating risks through risk planning and financial management
- Prior experience working in FinTech, FinOps, or other FSIs
- In-depth understanding of IT total cost of ownership (TCO) and its applicability to managing IT services
- Exposure to IT Financial Management software and TBM Taxonomy
- Business finance knowledge, such as depreciation and amortization of lump-sum charges
- Excellent financial acumen with a proven ability to connect project results to the financial and business benefits
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, and solid working knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Create data visualizations in PowerBI
- Deliver conceptual knowledge of cloud technologies, such as AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, and VMware
- Demonstrate experience with Cloud Management Platforms, such as Apptio, CloudHealth, Cloudability, AWS Cost Explorer, and Azure Portal
Virtual Clarity, a DXC Technology company, is a consultancy and advisory business that focuses on transforming enterprise IT. We are obsessive about return on energy and pride ourselves on delivering outcomes to our customers, so they can unlock the value of new technologies and new ways of working. There’s a lot of complexity and decisions for companies to make on a journey to transformation. Where do you start?
Our tribe is made up of change makers - a blend of enterprise IT insiders and hands on experts - who help companies understand and simplify the challenges of implementing large-scale IT modernization in highly complex and regulated environments. They’ve delivered change into some of the world’s largest, mission-critical technology
transformation projects. And we’re growing fast, so need more like-minded people to join us. Do you fit the bill?
Working with us
We are very proud of our unique culture and values. We celebrate the fact we are a bunch of oddly-shaped cookies with a variety of experiences, backgrounds, knowledge and brains. We focus on what’s best for our customers – we care about them and our tribe. We give a damn.
Our style is pretty informal but we don’t lack discipline, although we actively choose not to be corporate. We work hard and make it happen, but we play hard too. We revel in difference. If all this sounds like you, we’d like to hear from you.