Portfolio – CIO Advisory /
We are seeking an architect with in-depth and hands-on experience with Azure cloud architecture and deployment experience to execute vision and strategic direction for our clients. The candidate will be able to set architectural direction for business and IT technology projects.
The candidate will have experience deploying and architecting cloud platforms, designing cloud-native applications, automating their delivery and operational processes, while operating within enterprise data security and compliance constraints. The experience should include in-depth and hands-on experience in cloud deployment including environments, platforms, and tooling (automation and orchestration). They will have experience migrating enterprise applications to utilize native cloud services.
They will have extensive experience in deploying infrastructure and applications in a cloud-based environment for scalability, resiliency, availability, recovery. They will have designed and implemented processes for the deployment of infrastructure and applications.
They will have built applications resident in Azure and have a working knowledge related to building, orchestrating, and securing microservices within containers using technologies such as Kubernetes, Docker, etc is a plus.
Skills and Experience
- Experience customizing RBAC roles to provide finer grained security
- MUST HAVE: Able to dissect legacy applications dependencies to define an effective approach to cloud migration, specifically java-based applications.
- An understanding of how application authentication and authorization to work with Azure
- AD Experience with Azure HSM and interfaces to Key Vault PowerShell scripting experience, ideally with deep knowledge of the Azure Resource Manager pwsh cmdlets\Demonstrated capabilities with Azure
- Resource Manager template creation and deployment using either JSON and/or a tool like Terraform
- Excellent communication, leadership, and project management skills
- Preferably have an infrastructure as well as development background
- A deep technical acumen and breadth of experience involving multiple technologies, platforms, and cloud native architectures.
- Demonstrated knowledge of building systems that perform which are cost efficient and employ security practices that are at the highest degrees of compliance with industry standards.
- The ability to handle multiple priorities and initiatives.
- A demonstrated history of intellectual curiosity and learning agility; stays on the forefront of business and technology solutions, especially around cloud services and migration processes.
- Application/software and DevOps experience developing well architected, high performing, and scalable microservice based architectures that are resilient and recoverable is also highly desirable.
Virtual Clarity, a DXC Technology company, is a consultancy and advisory business that focuses on transforming enterprise IT. We are obsessive about return on energy and pride ourselves on delivering outcomes to our customers, so they can unlock the value of new technologies and new ways of working. There’s a lot of complexity and decisions for companies to make on a journey to transformation. Where do you start?
Our tribe is made up of change makers - a blend of enterprise IT insiders and hands on experts - who help companies understand and simplify the challenges of implementing large-scale IT modernization in highly complex and regulated environments. They’ve delivered change into some of the world’s largest, mission-critical technology
transformation projects. And we’re growing fast, so need more like-minded people to join us. Do you fit the bill?
Working with us
We are very proud of our unique culture and values. We celebrate the fact we are a bunch of oddly-shaped cookies with a variety of experiences, backgrounds, knowledge and brains. We focus on what’s best for our customers – we care about them and our tribe. We give a damn.
Our style is pretty informal but we don’t lack discipline, although we actively choose not to be corporate. We work hard and make it happen, but we play hard too. We revel in difference. If all this sounds like you, we’d like to hear from you.