Portfolio – Tools /
Location: Europe (UK/Sofia/remote)
We are looking for Python Developers to work as part of a team delivering a platform architecture and software services and tools in support of Virtual Clarity’s consulting offerings, in the domains of technology assessment and transformation.
The individuals will be expected to contribute to the architecture and design of multiple products, and produce robust, clean and well-tested code. They will be fluent and productive in core Python development: they will additionally have relevant experience in two or more of the following areas:
· Web service development – designing, implementing and using APIs to orchestrate services in support of business requirements and scenarios
· Cloud application and system architecture – experience of using common cloud services to build functional, responsive and scaleable systems (for example in AWS: Lambda, API gateway, SNS/SQS, S3)
· Database development – using common Python ORM tools, additionally implementing data models and queries directly in SQL/DDL
Candidates will be asked to complete a brief knowledge assessment test and a practical exercise.
- Work with product managers and architects to understand product scope and requirements
- Contribute to planning by writing, reviewing and estimating user stories
- Choose and implement appropriate architectures
- Write clean, well-structured code supported by tests to meet project requirements (functional and non-functional)
- Mentor junior developers to improve their knowledge, experience and culture around architecture, code design and agile engineering practices.
- Work with the tools infrastructure team to prepare systems for deployment and operation in test and production environments
- Support tools in production by helping triage, investigate and fix issues as they arise
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- A degree in Computer Sciences or equivalent work experience
- Ability to identify, analyze and resolve problems quickly
- Takes pride in one's work; detail-oriented and thorough
- Ability to make good judgments and quick decisions
- Strong communication skills with technical and business teams, both verbally and in writing
- Comfortable working directly with coworkers and stakeholders, understanding and translating their needs into business reporting
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Experience of collaborative work in an agile environment
- 4+ years experience of developing in Python
- Fluent in the features, patterns and idioms of Python 3
- Commitment to testing, and fluent in TDD
- Two or more of the following
- Familiar with common tools for source code control and continuous integration (Git, TeamCity, Jenkins)
- Fluent in Linux/unix shell and common commands
- Some exposure to concepts in data science an advantage
o Experience of building systems for usinc cloud services and architectures (for example in AWS: Lambda, API gateway, SNS/SQS, S3)
o Experience of interfacing to SQL databases via common Python ORM libraries (Django ORM, SQLAlchemy) and directly
o Experience of SQL databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server), in particular DDL and developing queries
Virtual Clarity, a DXC Technology company, is a consultancy and advisory business that focuses on transforming enterprise IT. We are obsessive about return on energy and pride ourselves on delivering outcomes to our customers, so they can unlock the value of new technologies and new ways of working. There’s a lot of complexity and decisions for companies to make on a journey to transformation. Where do you start?
Our tribe is made up of change makers - a blend of enterprise IT insiders and hands on experts - who help companies understand and simplify the challenges of implementing large-scale IT modernization in highly complex and regulated environments. They’ve delivered change into some of the world’s largest, mission-critical technology
transformation projects. And we’re growing fast, so need more like-minded people to join us. Do you fit the bill?
Working with us
We are very proud of our unique culture and values. We celebrate the fact we are a bunch of oddly-shaped cookies with a variety of experiences, backgrounds, knowledge and brains. We focus on what’s best for our customers – we care about them and our tribe. We give a damn.
Our style is pretty informal but we don’t lack discipline, although we actively choose not to be corporate. We work hard and make it happen, but we play hard too. We revel in difference. If all this sounds like you, we’d like to hear from you.