New York, NY /
Delivery – Clear Transformation /
As an Operations Subject Matter Expert, you will be working regularly across multiple operational and control teams. We're looking for someone with an exceptional understanding of traditional operations, what it takes to transform to cloud, SRE (Site Reliability Engineering), effective DevOps teams and is be able to articulate the transformation journey.
You will provide consulting and delivery services to a number of clients in a structured approach by assessing their operating model organization, tools and processes, documented collateral, data points and Virtual Clarity insights.
Virtual Clarity are fixated on outcomes and value to our clients. It is therefore essential that the candidate can disseminate quickly the information at hand and provide as well as articulate their recommendations and how they add value.
- Understanding operational challenges across incidents, problems and other foundational processes. It’s not just about process it’s the insights you have that we care about.
- Creating and using industry leading operational transformation materials that are a combination of industry standards and best practices.
- Delivering operational transformation at major clients to increase stability, reduce risk and increase customer satisfaction.
- Create artifacts from VC capabilities and client information
- Communicating across VC to escalate and solve capability gaps within our organization
- Client Communications at an Executive Level(i.e. Regular reporting on transformation progress, elevator pitch/stories).
- Articulating the journey from current state to future state(e.g. on-prem to cloud, traditional operations to SRE, etc).
- Flexibility for significant overnight domestic travel as needed by the client
Desired Skills & Experience
- 5-10 years of experience working in IT Operations or related fields
- Deep expertise running IT operations teams and transforming IT operating teams, tools and processes.
- Implementation of Shift Left operational improvements
- Exceptional problem solving techniques, possibly with Kepner Tregoe type training
- Detailed Knowledge of Operational tools e.g. monitoring, ITOM, ITSM etc..
- ITIL/IT4T practical expertise useful
- Crisis Management/Major Incident Handling expertise
- Self-motivated individual, well-organized and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and verbal skills both strategic transformational communications and real time problem updates (bad news messaging)
- Strong computer skills for word processing, spreadsheets and process documentation
Virtual Clarity, a DXC Technology company, is a consultancy and advisory business that focuses on transforming enterprise IT. We are obsessive about return on energy and pride ourselves on delivering outcomes to our customers, so they can unlock the value of new technologies and new ways of working. There’s a lot of complexity and decisions for companies to make on a journey to transformation. Where do you start?
Our tribe is made up of change makers - a blend of enterprise IT insiders and hands on experts - who help companies understand and simplify the challenges of implementing large-scale IT modernization in highly complex and regulated environments. They’ve delivered change into some of the world’s largest, mission-critical technology
transformation projects. And we’re growing fast, so need more like-minded people to join us. Do you fit the bill?
Working with us
We are very proud of our unique culture and values. We celebrate the fact we are a bunch of oddly-shaped cookies with a variety of experiences, backgrounds, knowledge and brains. We focus on what’s best for our customers – we care about them and our tribe. We give a damn.
Our style is pretty informal but we don’t lack discipline, although we actively choose not to be corporate. We work hard and make it happen, but we play hard too. We revel in difference. If all this sounds like you, we’d like to hear from you.