New York, NY /
Delivery – Clear Migration /
With experience in the infrastructure world, application development world or both, the DM is a senior information technology professional, capable of swaying the decision making of C-Suite decision-makers regarding technology investment. Their experience affords them a visionary perspective of how IT can behave as a transformative element for a business. They have very clear views on scalable infrastructure and on the operational management of IT business functions. They can speak to the operating model which will provide the most return, as well as today’s technologies which will enable the development of the client’s business.
With excellent relationship management skills, leadership skills and commercial acumen, they can quickly attend to a topic, add value and then move on to the next task. Highly analytical and able to see through the noise of legacy environments, patched together through acquisitions, the DM can act as an advisor and primary point of contact for the client.
They are skilled at handling conflict, able to influence, strategic in their thinking and decisive in their approach to pursuing quality deliverables for clients.
- Partner with the project’s Engagement Manager to ensure accountability for successful project delivery
- Set and ensure quality standards for project deliverables
- Serve as the project expert in delivery against Virtual Clarity’s methodology and processes
- Provide ongoing communication between the client, PMO and project teams
- Collaborate with the Release Manager and client Project Manager to effectively schedule available resource capacity against project demand and provide meaningful project start and milestone dates
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure each project meets performance standards and complies with security and architecture requirements
- Assist with completion of internal and external status reports
- Coordinate and manage small projects, enhancements and defect remediation
- Coordinate weekly status meetings, and
- Escalate risks and issues as necessary
Desired Skills & Experience
- 8+ years of experience with project management in the professional IT consultancy services industry
- ScrumMaster and/or PMP certification preferred
- Functional management experience (head of an IT business function)
- Proficient / Advanced use of Excel
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proven skill with people
- Experience presenting to decision makers
- Must be a self-starter who requires minimal supervision, and
- Ability to travel
Virtual Clarity, a DXC Technology company, is a consultancy and advisory business that focuses on transforming enterprise IT. We are obsessive about return on energy and pride ourselves on delivering outcomes to our customers, so they can unlock the value of new technologies and new ways of working. There’s a lot of complexity and decisions for companies to make on a journey to transformation. Where do you start?
Our tribe is made up of change makers - a blend of enterprise IT insiders and hands on experts - who help companies understand and simplify the challenges of implementing large-scale IT modernization in highly complex and regulated environments. They’ve delivered change into some of the world’s largest, mission-critical technology
transformation projects. And we’re growing fast, so need more like-minded people to join us. Do you fit the bill?
Working with us
We are very proud of our unique culture and values. We celebrate the fact we are a bunch of oddly-shaped cookies with a variety of experiences, backgrounds, knowledge and brains. We focus on what’s best for our customers – we care about them and our tribe. We give a damn.
Our style is pretty informal but we don’t lack discipline, although we actively choose not to be corporate. We work hard and make it happen, but we play hard too. We revel in difference. If all this sounds like you, we’d like to hear from you.