Technical Project Manager
New York, NY /
Delivery – Clear Migration /
The Technical Project Manager (PM) shall provide comprehensive project management support services for deliverables throughout the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC). The project management support approaches employed by the PM should be consistent with project management best practices, notably those specified by PMI's Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) Guide and the Software Engineering Institute's (SEl) Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMl).
The successful candidate will be highly experienced working on IT transformation efforts within a complex legacy infrastructure and application landscape. The candidate will coordinate teams of application owners and technical resources in multiple locations, planning and executing the group's transformation program. The candidate will be expected to enforce the governance framework put in place for the program. This role will report directly to the Program Management Office.
- Manage all aspects of the project such as initiating, planning, executing, closing and controlling with direct accountability to the Virtual Clarity Engagement Manager
- Stakeholder management of project delivery teams in support of program objectives
- Apply quality assurance and governance to project team plans, as reflected through executive reporting
- Manage the efficient movement of tasks through PMO phase-gates and across workflow hand-offs
- Coordinates and manages among multiple, multi-functional collaborative project and/or work teams
- Coordinates the activities of multi-functional teams, as well as the project task dependencies and schedules
- Scope, risk and issue management, including documenting, budgeting, communicating and facilitating resolutions or mitigation plans
- Initiates and manages a communication plan, including regular project status reports
- Prepares and delivers presentations to senior leadership, management and stakeholders, and
- Occasional weekend work during migration events
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience is required
- 3+ years of experience leading large, diverse and often complex projects is required
- Solid working knowledge of MS Office Suite, some knowledge of Confluence and/or JIRA
- Prior experience working in financial technology or financial services industries is preferred
- Experience with project management methodology based on PMBOK principles required(PMI certification preferred).
- Certification or working knowledge on AGILE software development, DevOps, Big Data and similar competencies preferred
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, prioritize work, manage time and respond effectively to a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to exercise sound political and environmental judgment as appropriate to support successful project implementation, and
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in assessing and mitigating risks through risk planning, practice management and financial management
Virtual Clarity, a DXC Technology company, is a consultancy and advisory business that focuses on transforming enterprise IT. We are obsessive about return on energy and pride ourselves on delivering outcomes to our customers, so they can unlock the value of new technologies and new ways of working. There’s a lot of complexity and decisions for companies to make on a journey to transformation. Where do you start?
Our tribe is made up of change makers - a blend of enterprise IT insiders and hands on experts - who help companies understand and simplify the challenges of implementing large-scale IT modernization in highly complex and regulated environments. They’ve delivered change into some of the world’s largest, mission-critical technology
transformation projects. And we’re growing fast, so need more like-minded people to join us. Do you fit the bill?
Working with us
We are very proud of our unique culture and values. We celebrate the fact we are a bunch of oddly-shaped cookies with a variety of experiences, backgrounds, knowledge and brains. We focus on what’s best for our customers – we care about them and our tribe. We give a damn.
Our style is pretty informal but we don’t lack discipline, although we actively choose not to be corporate. We work hard and make it happen, but we play hard too. We revel in difference. If all this sounds like you, we’d like to hear from you.