US Application Developer
New York, NY /
Portfolio – Tools /
We are an energetic and delivery-focused technology consultancy, with a unique set of approaches which accelerate customer success in planning and executing complex transformations of their infrastructure and applications. These approaches are supported by a set of tools: we are looking for strong and disciplined developers to join one of our development teams responsible for these tools.
You have worked in teams to deliver responsive interactive applications for enterprise or public use. With your strong hands-on coding skills, you understand the importance of good architecture and code design. You are familiar with the disciplines of agile development, and are committed to TDD and CI as key practices in effective software delivery.
- Delivering features and enhancements to a complex .NET product, following disciplined agile practices and maintaining sound design and coding practices
- Designing and implementing efficient, maintainable and tested solutions in code to deliver the requirements presented in the product epics and user stories
- Collaborating with fellow team members in planning, design workshops, code reviews
- Reviewing user stories and providing task breakdowns and estimates
- Troubleshooting issues and errors
Desired Skills and Experience
- Degree/masters qualification in appropriate subject, or equivalent experience
- 4+ years experience in application/product development
- Strong developer experience in C#, .NET (in particular MVC, Entity Framework)
- Relational database/SQL (MS SQL Server/My SQL)
- Experience with tools, technical and process aspects of agile software development, including planning, prioritization, user stories, TDD, refactoring, continuous integration
- Strong spoken and written English
- A life-long learner, committed to personal improvement and professional practice, with a restless intellect and genuine interest in working with cutting-edge technologies
Virtual Clarity, a DXC Technology company, is a consultancy and advisory business that focuses on transforming enterprise IT. We are obsessive about return on energy and pride ourselves on delivering outcomes to our customers, so they can unlock the value of new technologies and new ways of working. There’s a lot of complexity and decisions for companies to make on a journey to transformation. Where do you start?
Our tribe is made up of change makers - a blend of enterprise IT insiders and hands on experts - who help companies understand and simplify the challenges of implementing large-scale IT modernization in highly complex and regulated environments. They’ve delivered change into some of the world’s largest, mission-critical technology
transformation projects. And we’re growing fast, so need more like-minded people to join us. Do you fit the bill?
Working with us
We are very proud of our unique culture and values. We celebrate the fact we are a bunch of oddly-shaped cookies with a variety of experiences, backgrounds, knowledge and brains. We focus on what’s best for our customers – we care about them and our tribe. We give a damn.
Our style is pretty informal but we don’t lack discipline, although we actively choose not to be corporate. We work hard and make it happen, but we play hard too. We revel in difference. If all this sounds like you, we’d like to hear from you.