Front End Developer
Portfolio – Tools /
Candidates will be asked to complete a brief knowledge assessment test and a practical exercise.
- Work with product managers and architects to understand product scope and requirements
- Contribute to planning by writing, reviewing and estimating user stories
- Choose and implement appropriate front-end architectures
- Write clean, well-structured code supported by tests to meet project requirements (functional and non-functional)
- Help troubleshoot front-end issues raised in testing and in production
- Prepare mockups and prototypes to support feature review, design and prioritization
- Work with the tools infrastructure team to prepare systems for deployment and operation in test and production environments
- Support tools in production by helping triage, investigate and fix issues as they arise
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- A degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Ability to identify, analyze and resolve problems quickly
- Takes pride in one's work; detail-oriented and thorough
- Ability to make good judgments and quick decisions
- Strong communication skills with technical and business teams, both verbally and in writing
- Comfortable working directly with coworkers and stakeholders, understanding and translating their needs into business reporting
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Experience of collaborative work in an agile environment
- 1+ years experience of TypeScript
- Fluent in the features, patterns and idioms of ECMAScript 6
- Familiarity with AngularJS and Angular
- Experience of migrating components and systems from AngularJS to Angular 2+
- Familiar with common tools for source code control and continuous integration (Git, TeamCity, Jenkins)
- Experience of deploying and managing applications in AWS an advantage
Virtual Clarity, a DXC Technology company, is a consultancy and advisory business that focuses on transforming enterprise IT. We are obsessive about return on energy and pride ourselves on delivering outcomes to our customers, so they can unlock the value of new technologies and new ways of working. There’s a lot of complexity and decisions for companies to make on a journey to transformation. Where do you start?
Our tribe is made up of change makers - a blend of enterprise IT insiders and hands on experts - who help companies understand and simplify the challenges of implementing large-scale IT modernization in highly complex and regulated environments. They’ve delivered change into some of the world’s largest, mission-critical technology
transformation projects. And we’re growing fast, so need more like-minded people to join us. Do you fit the bill?
Working with us
We are very proud of our unique culture and values. We celebrate the fact we are a bunch of oddly-shaped cookies with a variety of experiences, backgrounds, knowledge and brains. We focus on what’s best for our customers – we care about them and our tribe. We give a damn.
Our style is pretty informal but we don’t lack discipline, although we actively choose not to be corporate. We work hard and make it happen, but we play hard too. We revel in difference. If all this sounds like you, we’d like to hear from you.