DC Migration Consultant
New York, NY /
Delivery – Clear Migration /
As a member of the Delivery team, a Migration Consultant plays a key role in the success of the client’s data center migration implementation. As a Migration Consultant/Subject Matter Expert you will work in conjunction with the client’s business and technical teams to properly migrate applications across data centers. In this non hands-on technical role, you will be responsible for the management of moving applications through established workflows as they are migrated from legacy to new data-centers. You should demonstrate a holistic understanding of data-center migration processes, including technical skills, status reporting (both on paper and verbal), client communications, risk evaluation and reporting, project team deliverables and the ability to ensure efficiency and productivity across multiple teams.
- Provide work-day management of multiple data-center migration related projects, including off-hour migration events
- Develop and effectively communicate migration playbooks with timelines and expectations to co-located teams for execution during off-hour migration events
- Coordinating with co-located teams, manage all migration plans and wave event planning (i.e. migration playbooks)Monitor and report on multiple, concurrent migration project statuses
- Advise clients on potential risk and manage client expectations
- Manage the efficient movement of application migrations through phase-gates and across work-flow hand-offs
- Communicate daily with co-located teams and stakeholdersAccountable for one or more diverse and complex projects in the areas of application migrations between data-centers
- Evaluate (validate) deliverables and ensure accuracy through quality controls
- Coordinate the activities of multi-functional teams, as well as the project task dependencies and schedule
- Scope, risk and issue management, including documenting, communicating and facilitating resolutions or mitigation plansInitiate and manage communication plan, including regular project status reports
- Deliver appropriate integration, training and implementation plans and activitiesMaintain all project artifacts
- Continually improve the process and framework and update migration solution
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant experience
- 2-5 years IT transformation and data center optimization project experience (assessments, migrations, consolidations, virtualization projects, etc), ideally within a Management Consulting or IT Professional Services firm
- 1-2 years experience managing data center migration waves or aspects of an application or workload migration within the context of a data center move
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills or higher required
- Strong attention to detail with superior organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to develop, direct, motivate and gain commitment with teams
- Ability to work independently as part of a co-located team
- Ability to effectively present and gather information at PM meetings
- Understanding of disaster recovery, data replication, virtualization, Domain Services and networking modifications, and standardized testing protocols
- Familiarity with application and workload dependencies, architecture and service level requirements
- Demonstrated understanding of customer business needs in support of data-center program objectives
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, prioritize work, manage time and respond effectively to a rapidly changing environment
Virtual Clarity, a DXC Technology company, is a consultancy and advisory business that focuses on transforming enterprise IT. We are obsessive about return on energy and pride ourselves on delivering outcomes to our customers, so they can unlock the value of new technologies and new ways of working. There’s a lot of complexity and decisions for companies to make on a journey to transformation. Where do you start?
Our tribe is made up of change makers - a blend of enterprise IT insiders and hands on experts - who help companies understand and simplify the challenges of implementing large-scale IT modernization in highly complex and regulated environments. They’ve delivered change into some of the world’s largest, mission-critical technology
transformation projects. And we’re growing fast, so need more like-minded people to join us. Do you fit the bill?
Working with us
We are very proud of our unique culture and values. We celebrate the fact we are a bunch of oddly-shaped cookies with a variety of experiences, backgrounds, knowledge and brains. We focus on what’s best for our customers – we care about them and our tribe. We give a damn.
Our style is pretty informal but we don’t lack discipline, although we actively choose not to be corporate. We work hard and make it happen, but we play hard too. We revel in difference. If all this sounds like you, we’d like to hear from you.