New York, NY /
Delivery – Clear Foundation /
The IT Financial Analyst (FA) will assist with the financial management responsibilities across multiple Client accounts regarding project management and benefits realization deliverables throughout the Business Value Management Life Cycle. The FA will be interfacing with our Clients, using sound financial modelling skills to enable executive level decision making related to IT programs and projects.
The financial management and analytical approaches employed by the FA should be consistent with the consulting industry’s financial management best practices. The role requires expertise in financial modeling, advanced use of Microsoft Excel and a basic understanding of IT cost accounting and engagement economics.
The FA will work with the leadership team of each Client account to analyze the financial aspect of a suite of deliverables, ensuring profitability for VC while clearly presenting value for the Client.
- Design financial models to provide clients with the information and understanding needed to make effective IT related decisions
- Advise the Project or Program manager at each project stage on benefits realization and financial management: initiating, planning, executing, closing, and controlling projects
- Participate in pre-sales conversations with potential clients, to understand their program goals and put together an appealing financial report, within the proposed Statement of Work, on the benefits to be realized
- Participates in post-sales design conversations, alongside the program or project team, to ensure that deliverables identified are incorporated within the plan and daily workflow
- Develop reporting dashboards for consumption by the Client, and
- Keeps a close eye on profitability and works in close contact with the VC Finance team and Sales team.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience is required, and
- Education and experience with cost accounting, modelling and benefits realization management.
- Minimum 4 years of experience with data gathering and analysis is required
- Demonstrated ability to use data visualization software (Tableau or PowerBI, Qlik) to create/revise dashboards including, but not limited to, measures & dimensions, formatting, DAX
- Experience making informal presentations to leadership a plus
- Ability to work effectively to build relationships with department managers and PMs
- Ability to identify and resolve problems and conflicts
- Ability to develop, direct, motivate and gain commitment with teams
- Ability to effectively present and gather information at client meetings
- Ability to navigate a highly-matrixed organization effectively
- ·Demonstrated ability to take initiative, prioritize work, manage time and respond effectively to a rapidly changing environment
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in assessing and mitigating risks through risk planning and financial management
- Prior experience working in financial technology or financial services industries
- Ability to self-manage and take the initiative to be pro-active in improving the quality of client deliverables
- Manage internal and external stakeholder expectations and communicate appropriately (in person or over the phone). This includes cross functional management of key internal partner LOBs critical to our success
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven team environment and adaptable to evolving responsibilities and last-minute changes
- Excellent financial acumen, proven ability to connect the linkages of the project results to the financial and business benefits
- ·Solid working knowledge of MS Office Suite including Project
- Solid working knowledge of data visualization software, and
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel,VBA, Python and Tableau is a plus and is preferred
Virtual Clarity, a DXC Technology company, is a consultancy and advisory business that focuses on transforming enterprise IT. We are obsessive about return on energy and pride ourselves on delivering outcomes to our customers, so they can unlock the value of new technologies and new ways of working. There’s a lot of complexity and decisions for companies to make on a journey to transformation. Where do you start?
Our tribe is made up of change makers - a blend of enterprise IT insiders and hands on experts - who help companies understand and simplify the challenges of implementing large-scale IT modernization in highly complex and regulated environments. They’ve delivered change into some of the world’s largest, mission-critical technology
transformation projects. And we’re growing fast, so need more like-minded people to join us. Do you fit the bill?
Working with us
We are very proud of our unique culture and values. We celebrate the fact we are a bunch of oddly-shaped cookies with a variety of experiences, backgrounds, knowledge and brains. We focus on what’s best for our customers – we care about them and our tribe. We give a damn.
Our style is pretty informal but we don’t lack discipline, although we actively choose not to be corporate. We work hard and make it happen, but we play hard too. We revel in difference. If all this sounds like you, we’d like to hear from you.