New York, NY /
As an Engagement Manager, you will be responsible for pre-sales, post-sales, design and delivery of solutions for VC clients. With experience in the infrastructure, application development world or both, you are a senior information technology professional, capable of swaying the decision making of C-Suite decision makers regarding technology investment.
Your experience affords you a visionary perspective of how IT can behave as a transformative element for a business. You have very clear views on scalable infrastructure and on operational management of IT business functions. You can speak to the operating model which will provide the most return, as well as today’s technologies that will enable the development of the client’s business.
With excellent relationship management skills, leadership skills and commercial acumen, you can quickly attend to a topic, add value and then move on to the next task. Highly analytical and able to see through the noise of legacy environments, patched together through acquisitions, you as an EM can act as an advisor and primary point of contact for the client.
You are skilled at handling conflict, able to influence, strategic in their thinking and decisive in their approach to pursuing quality deliverables for clients.
- Collaboration with the sales team regarding solution design
- Resonant relationship management with prospective clients
- Development and presentation of solutions and their business rationale
- Contribution to written statements of work
- Program / Project / Solution planning, including resource planning
- Full hire-cycle management, including workforce planning for contractor/FTE distribution
- Managing the delivery of a client engagement
- Leading a team to deliver quality solutions
- Commercial skill, ensuring profitability and active client management for scope creep
- Financial management
- Active operational risk management
Desired Skills & Experience
- 15+ years related experience
- Masters level academic qualifications preferred
- Functional management experience (head of an IT business function)
- Proficient / Advanced use of Excel
- Proven skill with people
- Experience working with Cloud solutions
- Experience presenting to decision makers for capital / operational investment
Virtual Clarity, a DXC Technology company, is a consultancy and advisory business that focuses on transforming enterprise IT. We are obsessive about return on energy and pride ourselves on delivering outcomes to our customers, so they can unlock the value of new technologies and new ways of working. There’s a lot of complexity and decisions for companies to make on a journey to transformation. Where do you start?
Our tribe is made up of change makers - a blend of enterprise IT insiders and hands on experts - who help companies understand and simplify the challenges of implementing large-scale IT modernization in highly complex and regulated environments. They’ve delivered change into some of the world’s largest, mission-critical technology
transformation projects. And we’re growing fast, so need more like-minded people to join us. Do you fit the bill?
Working with us
We are very proud of our unique culture and values. We celebrate the fact we are a bunch of oddly-shaped cookies with a variety of experiences, backgrounds, knowledge and brains. We focus on what’s best for our customers – we care about them and our tribe. We give a damn.
Our style is pretty informal but we don’t lack discipline, although we actively choose not to be corporate. We work hard and make it happen, but we play hard too. We revel in difference. If all this sounds like you, we’d like to hear from you.