Cloud (GCP) Automation Engineer
Delivery – ACE /
Virtual Clarity is looking for a Cloud Automation Engineer with a variety of specialist skills, in either Operations, Security, Continuous Deployment or Testing for a 6-month contract engagement.
As a Cloud Automation Engineer, you will be working with Security Architecture team members and possess the ability to be a self-starter, quick learner of new technology, and highly motivated.
An automation engineer has a broad, generalist knowledge of public cloud infrastructure and automation. They are able to develop infrastructure software in teams and are comfortable with modern approaches to testing and code review. They will typically have a specialist area (virtual infrastructure, containers, databases etc.) but are able to turn their attention to a research spike and learn something new rapidly. This role is focused on Google Cloud Platform.
· Help enable public cloud platforms for our clients, primarily on GCP but also on AWS
· Apply DevSecOps principles to cloud infrastructure and are responsible for the construction of landing zones and deployment of the respective capabilities, developing IP that can be leveraged for more than one client (repeatability of use)
· Work with many areas of our client’s business including, but not limited to, networking, compute, storage, information security, risk, enterprise identity and access management, and security operations
· Be part of a team where you collaborate to build cloud infrastructure, program, and develop serverless functions
· Build in compliance with clients’ regulatory needs (financial services (trading, banking, insurance), healthcare, industry, and aerospace)
Desire Skills and Education
- Hands on/working knowledge of Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Experience hosting and re-platforming applications on GCP using Compute Engine, App Engine, Kubernetes Engine, Cloud Storage, Big Query etc..
- Deep experience with GCP network security, identity and access management, and DNS.
- Experience with Terraform or cloud-native scripting languages (Google Cloud Deployment)
- Familiar with a GCP’s Command Line Interface (CLI) and know how to invoke APIs in languages such as Python
- Knowledge of Application Monitoring using GCP(Google stackdriver)
- Experience with disaster recovery tiers and designed for highly available workloads
- Good understanding of cloud design considerations and limitations and impact of pricing
- Proficient in scripting languages including Python, YAML, JSON.
- Prior experience working with container technology, docker files, docker images, Github, and strong understanding of CI/CD concepts desired
- 2+ years of experience in large-scale application modernization
- 2+ years of experience in “migrating” on premise workloads to GCP, alternatively to AWS or Azure
- Certifications in Google Professional Cloud Architect, Google Professional Data Engineer Google Professional Cloud Developer
Virtual Clarity, a DXC Technology company, is a consultancy and advisory business that focuses on transforming enterprise IT. We are obsessive about return on energy and pride ourselves on delivering outcomes to our customers, so they can unlock the value of new technologies and new ways of working. There’s a lot of complexity and decisions for companies to make on a journey to transformation. Where do you start?
Our tribe is made up of change makers - a blend of enterprise IT insiders and hands on experts - who help companies understand and simplify the challenges of implementing large-scale IT modernization in highly complex and regulated environments. They’ve delivered change into some of the world’s largest, mission-critical technology
transformation projects. And we’re growing fast, so need more like-minded people to join us. Do you fit the bill?
Working with us
We are very proud of our unique culture and values. We celebrate the fact we are a bunch of oddly-shaped cookies with a variety of experiences, backgrounds, knowledge and brains. We focus on what’s best for our customers – we care about them and our tribe. We give a damn.
Our style is pretty informal but we don’t lack discipline, although we actively choose not to be corporate. We work hard and make it happen, but we play hard too. We revel in difference. If all this sounds like you, we’d like to hear from you.