Eastern Standard Time /
Delivery – Clear Insight /
The Data Analyst shall provide project management and financial management support services for deliverables throughout the Business Value Management Life Cycle. The project management support approaches employed by the Data Analyst should be consistent with the consulting industry’s project management best practices. The role will include heavy use of Microsoft Excel for data analysis.
This individual shall assist in implementing disciplined, comprehensive, and flexible program and project management processes, including the monitoring of project metrics, risk management, prompt reporting on schedules, performance, and risks. The Data Analyst will also work with the Client on rigorous data gathering and analysis.
· Work with data models to provide clients with the information and understanding needed to make effective IT related decisions.
· Working directly with the Project or Program manager, assists with all tasks such as initiating, planning, executing, closing, and controlling projects.
· Participates in project plan construction as well as tracking, updating and reporting on the project plan.
· Coordinates the activities of multi-functional teams, as well as the project task dependencies and schedule.
· Scope, risk and issue management, including documenting, communicating and facilitating resolutions or mitigation plans.
· Initiates and manages a communication plan, including regular project status reports.
· Develops and maintains reporting dashboards for consumption by the Client.
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience is required.
- Education and experience with project management methodology.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience with data gathering and analysis is required.
- Experience making formal and informal presentations to senior management and key stakeholders.
- Demonstrated junior level management skills and the ability to work effectively to build relationships with executive management, department managers and PMs.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems and conflicts.
- Ability to develop, direct, motivate and gain commitment with teams.
- Ability to effectively present and gather information at PM meetings.
- Ability to navigate a highly-matrixed organization effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, prioritize work, manage time and respond effectively to a rapidly changing environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in assessing and mitigating risks through risk planning. record, practice management, financial management.
- Prior experience working in financial technology or financial services industries.
- Ability to self-manage and take the initiative to be pro-active in improving the quality of client deliverables.
- Manage internal and external stakeholder expectations and communicate appropriately (in person or over the phone). This includes cross functional management of key internal partner LOBs critical to our success.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven team environment and adaptable to evolving responsibilities and last-minute changes.
- Strong financial acumen, proven ability to connect the linkages of the project results to the financial and business benefits.
- Solid working knowledge of MS Office Suite including Project.
- Proficient to advanced knowledge of MS Excel.
Virtual Clarity, a DXC Technology company, is a consultancy and advisory business that focuses on transforming enterprise IT. We are obsessive about return on energy and pride ourselves on delivering outcomes to our customers, so they can unlock the value of new technologies and new ways of working. There’s a lot of complexity and decisions for companies to make on a journey to transformation. Where do you start?
Our tribe is made up of change makers - a blend of enterprise IT insiders and hands on experts - who help companies understand and simplify the challenges of implementing large-scale IT modernization in highly complex and regulated environments. They’ve delivered change into some of the world’s largest, mission-critical technology
transformation projects. And we’re growing fast, so need more like-minded people to join us. Do you fit the bill?
Working with us
We are very proud of our unique culture and values. We celebrate the fact we are a bunch of oddly-shaped cookies with a variety of experiences, backgrounds, knowledge and brains. We focus on what’s best for our customers – we care about them and our tribe. We give a damn.
Our style is pretty informal but we don’t lack discipline, although we actively choose not to be corporate. We work hard and make it happen, but we play hard too. We revel in difference. If all this sounds like you, we’d like to hear from you.