New York, NY /
Delivery – CIO Insight /
We are seeking a Data Engineer who will focus on creating and maintaining systems to collect and store data for reporting and analytics. This person will create solutions that compile heterogeneous data in various formats from multiple sources into a normalized data model which is consumed by a processing engine, applies business rules and provides reporting capabilities. If you enjoy being part of an agile team that develops solutions at the speed of business, creating new software that solves problems now, and getting recognition for your efforts, this job is for you.
- Work with client data owners and functional designers to create technical specifications and execution methods
- Collaborate with the team's application architect to improve upon database and application designs and performance
- Work with Business SMEs to obtain a greater understanding of the needs of the business and the types of analysis that support business goals
- Work closely with web development team in the ongoing development and maintenance of databases, applications or tools
- Interface with internal teams to extract, transform and load data from a wide variety of data sources with frequency varying from batch to ‘on demand’
- Translate business and technical requirements into scalable database solutions
- Participate in all aspects of the application lifecycle: requirements analysis & definition, system design, implementation, testing, deployment and sustainment
- Provide technical expertise and capabilities in SQL query writing and use of DBMS technology
- Deliver database solutions as an active (hands-on) part of a small multi-disciplinary team
- Develop and maintain databases which include: data repositories, reporting and analytical databases
- Deliver analysis of data from multiple sources and provide analytical results to target the business issues and engineer the data to fit the client needs
- Design and build robust and scalable solutions for managing structured and unstructured data using traditional databases
- Conduct end-to-end analysis which includes data gathering and requirements specification, analysis, ongoing scaled deliverables and presentations
- Work through early stages of software life cycle to profile data and to create conceptual, logical and physical data model designs with appropriate structure and relationships for optimal performance
- Provide gap analysis of available data against requirements to design future state solutions
- Deliver documentation including technical designs, data flows, ERDs, and mapping documents
Desired Skills & Experience
- 7+ years of database design and development work experience
- Detailed knowledge of development with MS SQL Server 2016 or later, including new database features and T-SQL enhancements
- Experience in ETL concepts and tools, including SSIS
- Extensive experience in SQL programming: Procedures, Functions, Triggers, and dynamic SQL
- Strong Skills in Data Modelling such as Star Schema, Snow Flake Schema, Fact and dimensional tables and loading data from multiple data sources
- Normalization/De-normalization concepts, database design methodology
- Experience in data analysis, data profiling, data transformation, data mapping from source to target database schemas and data cleansing
- Experience creating technical design documentation
- Solid understanding of data architecture, efficient database design, writing complex queries and query tuning and troubleshooting
Virtual Clarity, a DXC Technology company, is a consultancy and advisory business that focuses on transforming enterprise IT. We are obsessive about return on energy and pride ourselves on delivering outcomes to our customers, so they can unlock the value of new technologies and new ways of working. There’s a lot of complexity and decisions for companies to make on a journey to transformation. Where do you start?
Our tribe is made up of change makers - a blend of enterprise IT insiders and hands on experts - who help companies understand and simplify the challenges of implementing large-scale IT modernization in highly complex and regulated environments. They’ve delivered change into some of the world’s largest, mission-critical technology
transformation projects. And we’re growing fast, so need more like-minded people to join us. Do you fit the bill?
Working with us
We are very proud of our unique culture and values. We celebrate the fact we are a bunch of oddly-shaped cookies with a variety of experiences, backgrounds, knowledge and brains. We focus on what’s best for our customers – we care about them and our tribe. We give a damn.
Our style is pretty informal but we don’t lack discipline, although we actively choose not to be corporate. We work hard and make it happen, but we play hard too. We revel in difference. If all this sounds like you, we’d like to hear from you.