Cloud Solution SME
New York, NY /
Delivery – CIO Insight /
Are you a proven cloud landing zone solution designer that understands how to architect cloud landing zones suitable for hosting institutional portfolios at large scale? Can you articulate the essential differences between an AWS VPC and an Azure Vnet in 2-3 sentences? Do you have in-the-trenches experience migrating large portfolios of legacy applications to cloud landing zones? Do you need to follow technical and functional specifications in order to execute on delivering applications to cloud platforms? If you answered 'Yes!' to the first 3 questions, and 'No' to the last question, this may be exactly the new job you are looking for!
VC has become the industry leader in digital transformation execution because we hire smart people, who are proven SME’s in their field. We make hiring decisions based on skills, track record and attitude: the ideal candidate for this role will be a demonstrated expert in cloud readiness assessments for application, will be an expert in cloud landing zone architecture, will be a proven expert in complex computational concepts. We are looking for someone who will revel in translating complexity to simplicity, who will take great satisfaction in helping to design elegant software solutions to extremely complex challenges.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Computer Science or related IT degree preferred
- 5+ years of relevant cloud implementation experience
- Excellent communication, leadership, and project management skills
- The ability to handle multiple priorities and initiatives
- Infrastructure as well as development background
- Deep technical acumen and breadth of experience involving multiple technologies, platforms, and cloud native architectures
- Demonstrated knowledge of building systems that perform which are cost efficient and employ security practices that are at the highest degrees of compliance with industry standards
- History of intellectual curiosity and learning agility; stays on the forefront of business and technology solutions, especially around cloud services and migration processes
- Application/software and DevOps experience developing well architected, high performing, and scalable micro-service based architectures that are resilient and recoverable is also highly desirable
Virtual Clarity, a DXC Technology company, is a consultancy and advisory business that focuses on transforming enterprise IT. We are obsessive about return on energy and pride ourselves on delivering outcomes to our customers, so they can unlock the value of new technologies and new ways of working. There’s a lot of complexity and decisions for companies to make on a journey to transformation. Where do you start?
Our tribe is made up of change makers - a blend of enterprise IT insiders and hands on experts - who help companies understand and simplify the challenges of implementing large-scale IT modernization in highly complex and regulated environments. They’ve delivered change into some of the world’s largest, mission-critical technology
transformation projects. And we’re growing fast, so need more like-minded people to join us. Do you fit the bill?
Working with us
We are very proud of our unique culture and values. We celebrate the fact we are a bunch of oddly-shaped cookies with a variety of experiences, backgrounds, knowledge and brains. We focus on what’s best for our customers – we care about them and our tribe. We give a damn.
Our style is pretty informal but we don’t lack discipline, although we actively choose not to be corporate. We work hard and make it happen, but we play hard too. We revel in difference. If all this sounds like you, we’d like to hear from you.