Cloud Automation Engineer (Azure)
Eastern Standard Time /
Delivery – ACE /
As a Cloud Automation Engineer, you will be working under the direction and guidance of Cloud Architecture team members and possess the ability to be a self-starter, quick learner of new technology, and highly motivated.
An automation engineer has a broad, generalist knowledge of public cloud infrastructure and automation. They’re able to develop infrastructure software in teams and are comfortable with modern approaches to testing and code reviews. They will typically have a specialist area (virtual infrastructure, containers, databases etc.) but are able to turn their attention to a research spike and learn something new rapidly. This role is focused on Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure.
- Comprehend, modify and write Terraform deployment templates
- Ensure deployments are engineered in a repeatable manner
- Ensure compliance with public cloud security regulations
- Analyze client-proposed solutions and tactfully present where improvements should be made.
- Producing high quality documentation as required.
- Secrets and encryption key management
- Securing cloud native services
- Operating system hardening
- Compliance testing through tooling and automation
- High-Availability & Disaster Recovery
Desire Skills & Experience
- Knowledgeable regarding cloud technologies, both from the IT infrastructure and IT applications perspective
- ·Certification from one or more major cloud providers
- Knowledge and experience with:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Personable and comfortable working with senior professionals
- Communicate effectively in written and spoken mediums
- Self-motivated and able to travel when required
o Amazon Web Services (AWS) and its native services
o Microsoft Azure and its native services
o Source code control (e.g. Git)
o Scripting languages (Python, PowerShell, Bash)
o Markup languages (YAML, JSON)
o Secrets management
o Kubernetes or another container management platform
Virtual Clarity, a DXC Technology company, is a consultancy and advisory business that focuses on transforming enterprise IT. We are obsessive about return on energy and pride ourselves on delivering outcomes to our customers, so they can unlock the value of new technologies and new ways of working. There’s a lot of complexity and decisions for companies to make on a journey to transformation. Where do you start?
Our tribe is made up of change makers - a blend of enterprise IT insiders and hands on experts - who help companies understand and simplify the challenges of implementing large-scale IT modernization in highly complex and regulated environments. They’ve delivered change into some of the world’s largest, mission-critical technology
transformation projects. And we’re growing fast, so need more like-minded people to join us. Do you fit the bill?
Working with us
We are very proud of our unique culture and values. We celebrate the fact we are a bunch of oddly-shaped cookies with a variety of experiences, backgrounds, knowledge and brains. We focus on what’s best for our customers – we care about them and our tribe. We give a damn.
Our style is pretty informal but we don’t lack discipline, although we actively choose not to be corporate. We work hard and make it happen, but we play hard too. We revel in difference. If all this sounds like you, we’d like to hear from you.