Pittsburgh, PA /
Delivery – Central Services /
The Report Writer will work collaboratively with the Virtual Clarity tools team, the Virtual Clarity delivery team and client stakeholders to provide requested data in reporting and dashboard views to enable visibility and decision making. The report writer will work with various tools and technologies and should thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in DBMS and SQL including creating tables, views and stored procedures that would be used in the reporting process
- Comfortable working directly with coworkers and stakeholders, understanding and translating their needs into business reporting
- Interface with internal teams to extract, transform and load data from a wide variety of data sources with frequency varying from batch to on demand
- Conduct data analysis to provide analytical results which target business needs
- Analyze existing SQL queries for performance improvements.
- Suggest new queries to optimize and improve performance and reporting
- Collaborate with the delivery team to identify Data Quality and Standardization issues
- Work with internal and client teams to accurately gather and interpret reporting requirements in a manner which will lead to quality outcomes
- Responsible for producing a range of reports and dashboards, including specifications, design, creation, test scripts, testing, implementation, data and report validation
- Troubleshoot, test and coordinate to resolve reported reporting/dashboards and/or data issues, while providing status to affected teams
- Ability to manage multiple priorities under a full workload with aggressive deadlines and deliver results in a timely manner
- Develop and communicate system documentation and testing scenarios, and present work outputs to stakeholders
- Communicate project status periodically to management.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors’ degree in Computer Sciences or equivalent work experience
- Experience in report-writing and visualization, using Power BI, Tableau, Pentaho, and/or Qlik
- 3+ years of strong SQL (T-SQL MS SQL 2016 or higher) experience
- Hands on, technically adept and capable of performing SQL and reporting tasks, such as read and write queries/reports from scratch
- Experience in a DBA role an advantage
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Excel
- Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint
- Experience in an Agile environment
- SQL SSRS(preferred)
- Ability to identify, analyze and resolve problems quickly
- Take pride in one's work; very detail-oriented and thorough
- Ability to make good judgments and quick decisions
- Strong communication skills with technical and business teams, both verbally and in writing
- Willingness to embrace new challenges
- Ability for 25% - 75% travel to client locations
Virtual Clarity, a DXC Technology company, is a consultancy and advisory business that focuses on transforming enterprise IT. We are obsessive about return on energy and pride ourselves on delivering outcomes to our customers, so they can unlock the value of new technologies and new ways of working. There’s a lot of complexity and decisions for companies to make on a journey to transformation. Where do you start?
Our tribe is made up of change makers - a blend of enterprise IT insiders and hands on experts - who help companies understand and simplify the challenges of implementing large-scale IT modernization in highly complex and regulated environments. They’ve delivered change into some of the world’s largest, mission-critical technology
transformation projects. And we’re growing fast, so need more like-minded people to join us. Do you fit the bill?
Working with us
We are very proud of our unique culture and values. We celebrate the fact we are a bunch of oddly-shaped cookies with a variety of experiences, backgrounds, knowledge and brains. We focus on what’s best for our customers – we care about them and our tribe. We give a damn.
Our style is pretty informal but we don’t lack discipline, although we actively choose not to be corporate. We work hard and make it happen, but we play hard too. We revel in difference. If all this sounds like you, we’d like to hear from you.