Remote OR Phoenix, AZ /
Technology – Product /
We believe that generosity has the power to create profound change in the world, and in the heart of the giver.
With that in mind, it’s our mission to move the needle on global generosity by helping nonprofits better connect with and inspire their givers.
Our Core Values
We build audacious ideas that accelerate philanthropy and dismantle the status quo.
Display Radical Generosity
We are generous with our time & talent as we serve our team and the nonprofit community.
Stay Humble & Enjoy the Journey
We take our work seriously, but we don't take ourselves too seriously.
As a Product Manager at Virtuous, you will drive a broad range of product functions, ranging from product discovery, customer feedback, cycle management, documentation, and product delivery. You will join a tight-knit, highly skilled product team that values joy in work, results-driven excellence, and empathy towards teammates and partners.
We are seeking top-tier candidates who have demonstrated experience in product management, and who thrive in a fast-paced, self-managed, complex product environment. This is a challenging but rewarding role that requires a high level of adaptability, accountability, and collaboration.
- Conduct product discovery, user research, and dive deep into the needs and behaviors of key customers, partners, and internal stakeholders.
- Stay up-to-date on the competitive landscape of the growing and evolving non-profit tech space, provide detailed competitive analysis, and identify opportunities to drive revenue and innovation.
- Document and help maintain a polished and organized roadmap, ensuring that it is visually clear and up to date for all stakeholders.
- Contribute to discussions around prioritization and high-level product strategy, using your understanding of the market, the customer, and the business to inform your recommendations.
- Draft product requirements documents (PRDs), write stories, and help manage development projects throughout a release cycle to ensure smooth execution and delivery.
- Help triage and prioritize engineering stories & bugs to ensure that the most important work is tackled first. Work closely with our Engineering Manager to help the team stay focused and on track.
- Write and help facilitate documentation across releases including PRDs, feature documentation, bug remediation documentation, and release documentation.
- At least 3-5 years of demonstrated product management experience, preferably at a SaaS startup or high-growth company.
- Experience working with complex platforms and/or multiple products preferred.
- Experience collaborating cross-functionally across teams, including engineering, product marketing, CS, and sales.
- Proficiency with Lean development methodologies and tools (at Virtuous we utilize things like JIRA, Confluence, Trello, Asana, Productboard, and Figma)
- Familiarity with software frameworks a plus (REST APIs, HTML & CSS, programming languages like .NET, Rails, or React)
- A Bias for Action — you approach your work with energy and passion, and as a self-starter you don’t need your hand held, and relish the opportunity to get things done.
- Empathy — you are able to understand and relate to the needs and experiences of customers, teammates, and partners, and embrace building products “for the other side of the screen.”
- Decisiveness — you are able to make tough decisions quickly, even in the face of uncertainty or limited information.
- Organization — you take pride in maintaining a high level of organization in fast-paced and complex environments, and enjoy building new systems to efficiently keep tasks, projects, and roadmap items in order.
- Affinity for Documentation — you are a strong communicator especially in written form, and believe in the philosophy that “if it isn’t documented it isn’t finished.”
- Desire to contribute to impactful work, and a passion to grow generosity.
What We Offer
- Market competitive pay
- Employee recognition through Bonusly (birthdays, anniversaries, achievements, etc.)
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching- 6% match up to 50% (aka 3%) after 90 days
- We value our employee’s work life balance and encourage taking advantage of Unlimited PTO
- Supportive time off including paid volunteer days and company holidays
- Ample Medical/Dental/Vision healthcare benefits including (company match + dependent plans) and (employer) HSA/FSA contributions
- Mental and Wellness membership programs to nurture employees- OneMedical, Talkspace & Teladoc
- 12 weeks primary parent leave, 4 weeks secondary parent leave- full pay (adoption as well)
- 2 hours of paid volunteer time each month (most employees end up doing more!)
- We pride ourselves on Community and host exciting company outings and events