Senior Full Stack Engineer
New York City /
Software Engineering /
Vise is an artificial intelligence-driven asset management platform, built and designed specifically for the Financial Advisor of the future. We are transforming the financial industry by bringing the power of AI and machine learning to automate investment management for financial advisors and build fully customized portfolios backed by portfolio intelligence. Located in New York, we are a well-funded Series A stage startup, backed by Sequoia, Founders Fund and Bling Capital. We are working in one of the largest industries in the world, with customers who are hungry for modern tools and technology that will help them win. Come join us!
As a Full Stack Engineer, you will leverage existing knowledge about modern front-end framework technologies combined with micro-services and database technologies to build a powerful backend. You will have ownership of sizeable portions of our software stack and shape the architecture and structure of the product.
What you will own
- Design and implement backend servers and APIs to interact with the frontend system
- Design and implement the data layer for the system, including data storage, batch processing, data streaming, etc
- Partner with quantitative engineers to conduct data analysis, as well as design and implement algorithms to better portfolio creation and management
- Design and implement user flows and front end features
What you will bring
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Experience with databases (Postgresql, MySQL, Redis), data processing frameworks (Spark, Hadoop), and streaming frameworks (Kafka, Samza, Flink)
- Foundation in data structures, algorithms and software design with strong investigative and debugging skills.
- Effective interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills.
Our stack: Python, Postgres, Apollo, Express, TypeScript, React.js, Redux, AWS
Vise celebrates and embraces diversity and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of experiences, backgrounds, and skills. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.