New York City /
Vise is an artificial intelligence-driven asset management platform, built and designed specifically for the Financial Advisor of the future. We are transforming the financial industry by bringing the power of AI and machine learning to automate investment management for financial advisors and build fully customized portfolios backed by portfolio intelligence. Located in New York, we are a well-funded Series A stage startup, backed by Sequoia, Founders Fund and Bling Capital. We are working in one of the largest industries in the world, with customers who are hungry for modern tools and technology that will help them win. Come join us!
Vise is looking for a smart, dedicated, and ambitious individual to provide technical and operational accounting expertise as we hit our next stage of growth. As our first accounting hire, this person will play a key role in scaling the finance, accounting, and financial reporting activities of the organization and will be instrumental in establishing policies and processes for both the accounting/finance team and organization at large. Our ideal candidate will have experience in a fast-paced work environment and has owned the end-to-end accounting cycle. This role will require a strong attention to detail and collaborative spirit. We expect this individual to be technically-savvy and highly analytical with a focus on operational feasibility at scale.
• Participate in building scalable accounting processes to support scaling and growth of company
• Oversee core accounting areas including cash, prepaids/fixed assets, accruals, and opex
• Lead the preparation of periodic GAAP financial statements and reports for both internal and external purposes, taking overall responsibility for the integrity and reliability of such reporting.
• Plan and perform monthly and quarterly close activities, including balance sheet reconciliations, variance analyses and analytical reviews, producing internal management reporting and external audit support.
• Identify and implement policies and system changes to improve monthly close and operational accounting processes, with a focus on automation and scalability
• Oversee quarterly, annual, and statutory financial statement preparation and drive financial statement audits
• Own technical accounting areas including cap software, share-based compensation, investments, and intercompany
• Design and implement controls over financial reporting process and related systems
• Design, implement and monitor internal controls, processes and procedures to support our company goals and objectives
• Act as thought leader for accounting function; anticipate problems and develop recommendations for management resolution
• Lead the implementation and training for new systems and/or reporting methodology and ensure the development of related policies and procedures
• Ensure successful completion of the financial statement audit process.
• 3+ years audit/assurance experience from a Big 4 public accounting firm.
• A strong technical accounting background, CPA required.
• Experience building an accounting function, including the creation and implementation of internal controls, policies and processes
• Experience with NetSuite; experience developing custom NetSuite functionality strongly preferred
• Proven experience running an efficient and accurate monthly close
• Fluency in U.S. GAAP and ability to research complex accounting issues
• Strong knowledge of Excel and experience working with large data
• Meticulous attention to detail and follow-through
• Excellent communication and organizational skills, both written and verbal
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
• Experience managing junior team members
Vise celebrates and embraces diversity and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of experiences, backgrounds, and skills. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.