Data Scientist Co-op (8 Months Starting January 2020)
Join our award-winning Campus Program. Apply for an 8-month co-op starting January 2020.
You will be working with the lead Data Scientist as your mentor, and together you will decide on projects based on what excites you as well as Visier’s business interests. This may be a software engineering focus, e.g. enhancing our machine learning pipelines or prototyping of automated insight generation, or all the way to a research focus of unveiling compelling insights into the workforce from our unique multi-million employee cross-customers data set.
As a strong supporter of Co-Operative (Co-op) Education and our partner universities, we give preference to students enrolled in the Co-op program.
What you'll be doing...
- Modelling the problem at hand, such that it directly solves underlying business problems
- Brainstorming to identify the correct data required to solve the business problem
- Performing statistical analysis on the data to build a statistical/machine learning model
- Identifying the right metric to measure the success of the model and project
- Communicating and presenting your work to a general audience with little or no background in data science
- Independently researching to gain domain knowledge and learn a state-of-the-art technique
What you'll bring to the table...
- Strong understanding of statistics and how to apply the scientific method to data using algorithms
- Coding skills in writing Scala, Python or your favorite language
- Advantageous would be to have some knowledge in one of the following areas:
- Hypothesis testing
- Machine learning techniques
- Scientific analysis and knowledge generation
- Attention to detail and knowing how to still keep the big picture in sight