Site Reliability Engineer Co-op (8 Months Starting January 2020)
Join our award-winning Campus Program. Apply for an 8-month co-op starting January 2020.
We do analytics and we do them well. As a co-op you’re going to have meaningful tasks - working on the real stuff, the real product, in real time. Of course, after you complete a Bootcamp training to get a Scala/Client-side certification, all with the help of your designated mentor. Oh, did we mention we train you?
You will work on our DevOps scrum team to assist in the development of software configuration and deployment modules as well as administration of servers running our products. And hey, if we like you, we’ll hire you after you graduate. No questions asked – our conversion rate is impeccably high and it’s how we prefer to hire anyways.
As a strong supporter of Co-operative (Co-op) Education and our partner universities, we give preference to students enrolled in the Co-op program.
What you'll be doing...
- Maintain production servers to keep our products online and functioning
- Streamline server operations and our deployment pipelines through automation tools
What you'll bring to the table...
- Good understanding of computer networking concepts
- Good understanding of programming concepts and data structures
- Familiarity with Linux desktop and server environments
- Knowledge of Linux system and network administration
- Knowledge of configuration management tools (Puppet, Chef)
- Knowledge of continuous integration tools (Jenkins, TeamCity)
- Knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases and SQL language is an asset
- Knowledge of web technologies (REST, HTML/CSS, JSON, Angular2)
- Knowledge of AWS or Azure or Google Could Platform
- Coding skills in relevant languages (e.g Java, Python, Go, Ruby, Bash)
- Attention to detail, tendency to spot mistakes and identify potential improvements
Advantageous would be to have some knowledge in one of the following areas: