Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Visier is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer who will be responsible for gathering requirements to design new software features that enables easy deployment management while also safeguarding Visier and our customers' data.
What you'll be doing...
- Gather requirements and design new software features that enables easy deployment management
- Deploy and maintain highly available services in multiple data centres as well as in AWS
- Automate manual operational tasks
- Manage traditional and cloud hosting environments as infrastructure-as-code
- Write secure code to safeguard Visier and our customers’ data, including developing our application security infrastructure
- Use standard and advanced computer science algorithms and data structures to solve technical problems
- Understand business requirements and author technical design for features
- Debug own code and existing code base, and develop and document how to test a feature in a test plan
- Provide test breakdown, dependencies, and time estimates in technical design document
- Collaborate with stakeholders in other departments and fellow developers
What you'll bring to the table...
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or similar field with an excellent academic record in Computer Science courses
- 5 years of experience with at least one relevant programming language (i.e. Python, Go, Java, Scala)
- Excellent knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Excellent knowledge of Linux internals, administration and networking
- Excellent knowledge of Amazon Web Services
- Strong knowledge of deployment and configuration management tools (Puppet, Ansible)
- Strong experience with container technologies
- Personal projects and/or contribution to projects on open source
- Ability to work quickly to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Commitment to disciplined and top quality software development – we write only high quality code and tests that ship rapidly into production