HR/Talent Acquisition Associate
People Operations – People Operations /
You might not realize it but digital out-of-home is all around you; from the billboards in Times Square, to the TVs at gas pumps, screens at electric vehicle charging stations, elevators, the grocery check-out aisle and everything in between. Our mission is to power that global digital signage ecosystem. We’ve built software solutions that can run entire signage networks and an end-to-end marketplace for programmatic advertising exclusively for digital out-of-home.
Vistar Media is a rapidly growing global software & advertising technology company. In addition to our industry leading technology (we’ve been recognized as AdExchanger’s 2021 & 2020 Top Programmatic Power Players, and Street Fight’s Innovator Awards’ Best Ad Platform 2019, among others), we’re proud of our team and the positive, supportive culture we’ve built. We’re scaling our teams globally; join us!
About the role:
We are looking for a HR/Talent Acquisition Associate, EMEA to join our People Operations team. You’ll work closely with the SVP of People Operations, the Managing Director, EMEA, and leaders across Vistar to build and execute our HR strategy, grow our employee population, and enhance our employee experience in the EMEA region. You will lead the full recruitment cycle in EMEA. The role is a true generalist position with a focus on talent acquisition and general HR administration.
The People Operations team touches every aspect of Vistar Media’s global operations. We are the driving force behind recruitment, company culture initiatives, professional development, human resources, and company policies. Enthusiasm, discretion, and resourcefulness are prerequisites for those looking to join our team. If you are interested in making an impact while also growing your knowledge base and strengthening your professional wheelhouse, Vistar Media is the place for you.
This role is hybrid onsite/remote in our Amsterdam office; 3-4 days per week are expected in office.
What you'll do:
- Own the full-cycle recruiting process for EMEA (including candidate sourcing, phone screens, interview coordination, and extending offers).
- Own HR administration regionally, including, but not limited to, employment verifications, internal employee paperwork (such as compensation changes, internal transfers, promotions, etc.), and exit paperwork.
- Provide tactical human resource support on business issues, manage day-to-day operations of the HR function.
- Help to administer programs, policies, procedures, and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the company.
- Responsible for new hire onboarding, including collecting and processing new hire paperwork, entering into appropriate systems, orientation, etc.
- Process monthly payroll; review, resolve tax discrepancies, manage EMEA payroll vendors and systems, and provide a focal point for all payroll related questions.
- Handle employee relations issues/concerns and conduct investigations as necessary to resolve according to law, company policy and precedent.
- Respond to employee and management questions, requests, and concerns in a timely manner.
- Maintains compliance with regional employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews and creates policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Provide HR support as needed.
- Ad-hoc People Ops and Talent Acquisition projects.
What experience we're looking for:
- Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum 2+ years HR/Recruiting experience.
- Working knowledge of local labor laws, employee relations, compensation, benefits administration, and general employment issues.
- Ability to anticipate/solve problems with a sense of urgency; manage changing/multiple priorities, and superior interpersonal, communication and presentation capability.
- Must be able to work efficiently in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- HR experience working in ad-tech preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with a keen eye for detail.
Who you are:
- Friendly, engaging, and collaborative, with a client service oriented demeanor.
- A collaborative team player with the ability to network effectively up, down and across the business
- Great relationship building and management skills; Builds and fosters strong trust-based relationships with internal partners across the organization.
- Ability to manage conflict effectively and productively.
- Ability to read a situation and act in a direct, forceful yet diplomatic manner to develop trust and openness of internal partners to consider situational alternatives.
- Confidence in expressing opposing opinions that are in the best interest of all parties involved.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills must be demonstrated.
What we offer:
- Flexible, fun start-up environment and culture.
- An approachable and accessible C-Suite.
- ‘Gezellige’ lunch is provided every day in our very own sky lounge with a view over the Amsterdam IJ water.
- 25 vacation days.
- Pension scheme.
- Vistar Gives Back charity program.
- A bright, safe, and comfortable open concept office, with a spacious desk set up.
- A motivated, supportive, and fun group of colleagues who like to do drinks on Fridays, participate in pub quizzes, and look out for each other.
- Be part of a fast-growing technology company where you can benefit from a steep learning curve.
If you’re ambitious, highly driven and interested in making a big impact at a rapidly growing company, Vistar is the place for you. Apply to join our team!
Recruiting fraud is a serious issue facing jobseekers. Please be aware that Vistar Media would never require personal information (such as bank account information) during the interview process. Should an employee from Vistar Media reach out to you, that communication will come from an @vistarmedia.com email address. During a typical interview process, you will have several phone, video, and/or in-person interviews with multiple Vistar Media employees before a hiring decision is made. We do not require payment from applicants for training or other costs incurred, nor do we offer compensation before hiring.