Internal Operations Manager
We are looking for an internal operations manager with a strong work ethic and passion for architecting efficient operations. In this role, you will use your organizational and analytical skills to enable the Vital team to do their best work. Through your work, you will be constantly building relationships with multiple teams across Vital and identifying areas of improvement for operations, as well as make recommendations for initiatives that affect employee growth, culture, and investments in our internal infrastructure. Your success will be manifested in teams working better together.
What you will be doing:
- Managing vendors and and shipments to ensure a timely, efficient, and effective flow of materials, products, and information.
- Serve as a primary bridge between teams to ensure our teams have the right information at the right time to ensure the best decisions are being made
- Make recommendations on process improvements and implement tweaks to the Vital team’s processes
- Writing and reviewing protocols and reports describing analytical sensing solutions contributing to regulatory filings;
- Weekly financial reporting and book keeping
- Help teams and individuals schedule meetings and manage their time
- Maintain a close relationship with teams for efficient planning
What you will need:
- The ability to thrive in chaos, think quickly on your feet and being resourceful to get shit done
- A can-do attitude; no task will be too small or big for you
- The ability to function as a connector; you know how to keep teams highly aligned, loosely coupled
What would be desired for you to have:
- Experience working in operations or office management
- Strong knowledge or experience with project management methodologies
- Experience working in digital health, tech or another high-pace industry - it’s important to understand our platform and the products we deliver
- A ruthless attention to detail and a knack for critical problem solving
- An appreciation for puns
Equal Opportunity Employer
Vital is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
With our company size and growth you will have many opportunities to be an inspirational and collaborative team member. Desire to be a critical part of a growing company while continuously learning both personally and professionally? This is what you are looking for!
We are actively building our strategies, structures, and process so this role will be busy and expanding. You will also have opportunities to be a mentor for other team members and create something that changes the face of healthcare. You will grow as the company grows, you evolve as we evolve. We despise stagnation!
The role will be initially based at the University of Guelph in Guelph, Ontario, for approximately two (2) months, and then out of our main office in Mississauga, Ontario.
We’re Vital. We build products that combine cutting-edge science and intuitive design in ways that make measuring health and taking action accessible by everyone. Our mission is to democratize technology that puts people in control of their health.
This is a massive goal, and we're just getting started. We're looking for special people to join our team to help us make it a reality.
At Vital, we thrive on change, operate on trust, and leverage diverse perspectives from the people on our team in everything we do. We operate at a rapid pace and we push key decisions to folks on the front lines across all of our teams. Our culture is fundamentally based on having a growth mindset - which means Vital is the kind of place where you can make an impact, somewhere you want to invest your talent and energy, and do your life’s best work. As a workplace, we challenge and support you to hone your craft and be a part of something bigger than any of us.