Business Operations Lead
We’re Vital. We build products that combine cutting-edge science and intuitive design in ways that make measuring health and taking action accessible by everyone. Our mission is to democratize technology that puts people in control of their health.
This is a massive goal, and we're just getting started. We're looking for special people to join our team to help us make it a reality. At Vital, we thrive on change, operate on trust, and leverage diverse perspectives from the people on our team in everything we do. We operate at a rapid pace and we push key decisions to folks on the front lines across all of our teams. Our culture is fundamentally based on having a growth mindset - which means Vital is the kind of place where you can make an impact, somewhere you want to invest your talent and energy, and do your life’s best work. As a workplace, we challenge and support you to hone your craft and be a part of something bigger than any of us.
Vital was created to enable proactive, preventative and accessible healthcare. We're starting with a radically disruptive approach to lab testing. Backed by many years of R&D by world class scientists and engineers, we are a team of collaborators, re-engineering the nature of care delivery.
- Applying business judgement and financial insights to assist with decision making related to unit economics, margin levers, core business expansion, and new opportunities for our products and technology
- Working with the founders to study the industry and our business to help define our long-term strategy
- Supporting team-wide planning of our quarterly business objectives and key results
- Supporting Vital's finance functions by working with the executive team, Board, and advisors on fundraising efforts.
- Working with the CEO to define and execute on a strategy for investor, government and stakeholder relations
- At least 4 years of experience in healthcare, medical devices, life sciences or a related field.
- Experience in consulting, or experience in business strategy / analytics, operational FP&A, or other analytically-intensive roles at either high-growth technology or healthcare startups or well-established companies
- Experience that combines day-to-day execution with strategic planning, business analytics, and project management
- A strong attention to detail, be highly analytical, and bring an understanding of financial modeling
- Entrepreneurial DNA - you're excited to build a business from the ground up, are comfortable making decisions in the face of ambiguity, and aren't discouraged by the inevitable challenges that will arise along the way
- The ability to effectively communicate and inspire trust and confidence whether giving an oral presentation to your team or conveying insights from your analysis on a slide
- Comfort with navigating financial statements, legal documents, regulatory frameworks
What's in it for you:
- High leverage & exposure to the drive the future of Vital. Work closely with the CEO and founders to drive results across the business.
- People you can be proud to work with. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams.
- The product. What we're working on has the potential to be deeply impactful for millions of people in their healthcare journeys, and truly a first.
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply!