Technical Talent Acquisition Lead
We’re Vital. We build products that combine cutting-edge science and intuitive design in ways that make measuring health and taking action accessible by everyone. Our mission is to democratize technology that puts people in control of their health.
This is a massive goal, and we're just getting started. We're looking for special people to join our team to help us make it a reality. At Vital, we thrive on change, operate on trust, and leverage diverse perspectives from the people on our team in everything we do. We operate at a rapid pace and we push key decisions to folks on the front lines across all of our teams. Our culture is fundamentally based on having a growth mindset - which means Vital is the kind of place where you can make an impact, somewhere you want to invest your talent and energy, and do your life’s best work. As a workplace, we challenge and support you to hone your craft and be a part of something bigger than any of us.
We are looking for a senior leader in Talent Acquisition to help us attract and mobilize talent to Vital. We're looking for our first in-house technical recruiting hires to aggressively grow our biochemistry, sensing, software and hardware engineering and product teams this year (and beyond)!
This is a remarkable opportunity to build a strong recruiting foundation in a culture that truly understands the strategic value of recruiting. You'll build on and implement best practices, influence hiring leaders, integrating our values into the recruiting process, and execute on goals to scale exceptional technical talent organizations.
You'll be working on things like:
- Help manifest Vital's mission by identifying and hiring great biochemistry and engineering team members
- Partner closely with hiring managers to craft and deeply understand the organization's needs and priorities
- Develop and lead strategies for sourcing excellent candidates.
- Orchestrate all stages of candidate experience--including application, interviews, communication, and hiring-- to be an energizing experience for all involved.
- Help us design, build and broadcast an authentic and compelling employer brand.
- Devise a strategy for recruitment events to build our brand and drive awareness.
- Source candidates through a variety of channels while leveraging data to assess the efficacy of each channel and for each role
- Provide a high-touch service level to both our internal team and the external candidate pool
- Effectively select and partner with external talent organizations, colleges, job boards and tools to amplify your effectiveness
- Take a methodical and process-oriented approach to all tasks, whether mundane or mission-critical
- Act as candidates' coach and advocate throughout the interview process
You should have:
- You have a Bachelor's degree in a relevant field.
- You have either worked extensively with scientists and engineers, or you have an educational background in science or engineering. This allows you to understand the distinctions between different roles and needs at Vital, and find the right candidates for the right roles.
- The resourcefulness to turn a team's needs into a targeted search, and ultimately, hire the best candidate for the job
- Demonstrated excellence and passion for each step of the recruiting process and candidate experience
- Experience recruiting for specialist and generalist roles sourced through a variety of channels
- Experience with an appreciation for proactive candidate cultivation and relationship building with passive candidates
- You possess an analytical mindset and are adept at leveraging data to inform decisions
- Natural intuition for what drives people and where they can most manifest their potential; you derive joy from helping people flourish personally and professionally
- Eagerness to recruit at all levels of experience, from recent college graduates to senior level leadership
- Infectious passion for impactful products and ambitious missions
- Preferred: combination of experience recruiting in-house and in an agency setting
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply!