Medical Laboratory Technologist
We’re Vital. We build products that combine cutting-edge science and intuitive design in ways that make measuring health and taking action accessible by everyone. Our mission is to democratize technology that puts people in control of their health.
About Our Team:
At Vital, we thrive on change, operate on trust, and leverage diverse perspectives from the people on our team in everything we do. We operate at a rapid pace and we push key decisions to folks on the front lines across all of our teams. Our culture is fundamentally based on having a growth mindset - which means Vital is the kind of place where you can make an impact, somewhere you want to invest your talent and energy, and do your life’s best work. As a workplace, we challenge and support you to hone your craft and be a part of something bigger than any of us.
You are eager to conceptualize, design, and implement various laboratory automation techniques. You want to conceive, develop, and validate automation solutions for leading-edge medical diagnostics and will continue to scale novel technology platforms to contribute to the care of patients. You are willing to manage capital equipment and improvements projects, as well as work closely with vendors and contractors. You will also partner with QA on preparing and approving validation and other documents and procedures essential for regulatory compliance.
What You’ll Do:
- Determine normal and abnormal components of body fluids by conducting chemical analysis of blood. Analyze blood cells by counting and identifying cells, and by using microscopic techniques
- Demonstrate knowledge of specimen handling requirements and prioritization of specimens and results; Prepare and utilize reagents and controls using defined procedures
- Responsible for carrying out a number of work activities with the opportunity to drive new projects; Ensures all duties and responsibilities are prioritized and handled with accuracy, efficiency, and providing quality results
- Ensure operation of analyzers, and other laboratory equipment by calibrating; completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; and evaluating new equipment and techniques
- Perform procedures required to address Quality Assurance indicators as defined, consulting with resources where necessary. Identify incidents and non-conformances; escalate as appropriate
- Maintain laboratory supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies. Conserve laboratory resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Maintain study subject privacy and protect the company by keeping health information confidential. Protect patients and employees by adhering to infection-control and hazardous waste policies and protocols; following identification procedures
- Prepare reports of technological findings by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information
- Ensure bio hazardous and routine garbage is handled in compliance with Environment, Health and Safety procedures. Work in a manner that protects one’s own health & safety as well as the safety of co-workers and others, and that is consistent with the law and with safe work practices and procedures
What you Need:
- B.S. in chemistry, biochemistry, molecular biology, bioengineering, or related field
- Certification from an Accredited Medical Technologist program
- 3+ years of experience running hospital-grade analyzers
- Have experience developing and maintaining a laboratory QC program
- Be meticulously organized
- Be obsessed with efficiency
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to adapt easily and quickly to change
- Integrity and a professional attitude
Bonus points for:
- Specialization in clinical chemistry; particularly in Chemically analyzing blood and other body fluids or Hematology, Studying blood cells and their formation in health and disease, and Investigating coagulation factors and disorders).
- Interest in taking a methodical approach to their work, analyzing results, establishing procedures and using computers and specialized instruments for accurate and precise testing
- Aptitude for mathematics and science and a keen interest in scientific work.
- Phlebotomy Certification and Experience
- LIS experience
- Appreciation of puns!
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply!