San Jose, California /
About VitroLabs: VitroLabs is a venture-backed biotechnology startup working towards a world where science is used responsibly to provide positive impact for business, the planet and all living things. By harnessing novel applications of frontier science and technology, we've developed a process to grow real leather that is slaughter-free and better for the environment.
About the role: VitroLabs is looking for an Executive Assistant to support our CEO. The Executive Assistant will ensure timely and effective prioritization, tracking and completion of the CEO’s projects and Initiatives. The EA will work with various internal and external stakeholders to coordinate seamless meetings, travel, offsites, and other activities across complex calendars. This role is an incredible opportunity to join a dynamic, passionate team working at the frontier of a new scientific application: cultivated leather.
About you: The ideal candidate would be someone who can adapt and adjust quickly to changing or competing priorities, and proactively suggest solutions. This position requires the ability to effectively communicate, collaborate cross-functionally to solve problems, anticipate needs and plan ahead. If you’re organized, have the ability to ruthlessly prioritize and guide projects, and you enjoy a fast-paced, team environment, this might be the role for you.
- Supports the CEO in effective time management, prioritization, and preparation.
- Develop and maintain processes to optimize time management, communication, and organization
- Assists in managing the CEO’s complex calendar, coordinating meetings with internal and external stakeholders
- Works cross-functionally with executive leadership, employees, vendors and other stakeholders to ensure seamless and consistent communication
- Attends key meetings, taking notes and creating follow up action items
- Demonstrates discretion and maintains confidentiality as required
- Assists in booking international and domestic travel, submits expense reports, drafts correspondence and other administrative support as required in support of the executive team
- Manages special projects as assigned by the CEO and guides them to completion
Qualifications & Skills
- 3-5 years of experience in executive administration or related field
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in google suite
- Skilled in project management, administration, organization
- Teamwork / Common Goal Mindset: Actively participates in a team. Encourages cooperation. Aware of the needs of others and responds flexibly. Shares information and supports other team members. Can get things done through others and set realistic objectives. Seeks opportunities to develop others. Prioritizes team goals over individual goals.
- Planning & Prioritization: Plans and organizes work activities; manages several tasks at once.
- Attention to detail: Has the ability to process detailed information and projects, effectively and consistently
- Adaptability: Has actively sought to learn new things on own initiative. Has responded positively to change and adapted to new situations quickly. Able to take on a diverse range of tasks equally effectively.
- Communication: Able to communicate information and ideas clearly and articulately both in oral and written form. Uses appropriate language, style and methods depending on the audience and the purpose of communication. Able to convey complex information clearly. Anticipates the information that others will need.
- Accountability: Being accountable, taking ownership and passing on accountability for one's own actions and those of colleagues and the organization.
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule including early mornings, late evenings, and some weekends.
- $105,000 - $115,000 DOE
Come and join our incredibly dedicated and driven team as we develop cutting edge technologies that will have a lasting impact on the world.
We offer great benefits, a competitive salary, and challenging, impactful work. Come and join our rapidly growing team, work with smart and dedicated people and help develop cutting edge technologies that will have a lasting impact on the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by incumbents assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the functions, responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position, and VitroLabs Inc retains the discretion to modify functions, responsibilities, duties and skills at any time, including modifying the time devoted to such activities, deleting activities and assigning other activities.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
VitroLabs Inc is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunities without regard to race, color, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), age, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.