Research Associate, Process Development
San Jose, California /
About the role:
We’re looking for a reliable, highly-motivated and exceptionally innovative Research Associate who shares our values and is excited to join a rapidly growing team to support key process development activities as we build and refine our process and product.
The successful candidate will be a team player, familiar with handling all aspects of mammalian cell culture, and have the ability to think 'outside the box'.
VitroLabs is a venture-backed company working towards a world where science is used responsibly to provide positive impact for business, the planet and all living things. By harnessing novel applications of frontier science and technology, we've developed a process to grow real leather that is slaughter-free and better for the environment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Handling all aspects of mammalian cell culture, including media and buffer preparation, culture maintenance from thawing through freezing stocks of cells, and work with both primary and stem cell lines.
- Preparation of mammalian cells to meet pilot-scale production goals, with an emphasis on development of and adherence to detailed SOPs and batch records.
- Support experiments on the growth of animal tissue.
- Interact with colleagues to report cell culture metrics and outcomes by performing various assays and basic calculations and data analysis.
- Maintain and update laboratory notebooks, SOPs, and batch records.
- Maintain and update inventory of laboratory supplies.
- Perform general maintenance in the laboratory.
- Sterile preparation of laboratory glassware, tools, and reagents.
- Follow Good Laboratory Practices and Standard Operating Procedures and adhere to all safety and company policies.
- Candidates must be willing and able to work a flexible work schedule to meet production demands including early mornings, late evenings, and some weekends.
Qualifications & skills:
- The successful candidate must have a BS in Biology, Biotechnology, Bioengineering or a related field. MS is preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of adherent mammalian cell culture experience with 1-2 years of industry experience preferred.
- Experience in tissue engineering is a plus.
- Must have superior organizational skills with attention to detail, the ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously and accurately, and be able to adjust rapidly to shifting priorities and variable workloads.
- Must be able to communicate well in oral/written format and must possess adequate computer skills for word processing and data management.
- Must have an appreciation for industrial product development and be highly team-oriented.
- Authorized to work in the US.
We offer great benefits, a competitive salary, and challenging, impactful work. Come and join our rapidly growing team, work with smart and dedicated people and help develop cutting edge technologies that will have a lasting impact on the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by incumbents assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the functions, responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position, and VitroLabs Inc retains the discretion to modify functions, responsibilities, duties and skills at any time, including modifying the time devoted to such activities, deleting activities and assigning other activities.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
VitroLabs Inc is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunities without regard to race, color, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), age, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.