San Jose, California
At VitroLabs, we’re on a mission to bring tissue engineering to unprecedented scale and new applications.
We're developing the world's first fully scalable tissue engineering platform - combining the latest breakthroughs in stem cell research, biomaterials and 3D tissue engineering.
Our first product? Slaughter-free, real luxury leather.
We're seeking a biologist to generate and characterize animal cell lines and oversee the development of novel media formulations. The candidate should be a reliable, highly-motivated and exceptionally innovative biotechnologist who will work with the rest of the team on development of new cell resources and the development of novel media formulations.
The successful candidate will have an expertise in various cell biology laboratory techniques, solid understanding of cell culture media development, and able to translate this information toward the development of unique 3D tissue engineering products.
- Characterizing / and or developing animal cell lines (various species) that can be used in the production of animal tissues using 3D scaffolds
- Oversee the development of animal-component free, chemically-defined media formulations
- Provide guidance to other members of the team in the field of cell biology
- Daily activities will include working in the laboratory to both grow cells and perform a variety of assays to characterize the cells in both 2D and 3D culture systems
- Evaluate new methods, technologies and processes to independently progress the cell culture aspects of the company’s projects
- Knowledgeable and proficient in molecular, cell proliferation, secretome and adherence assays
- Follow Good Laboratory Practices and Standard Operating Procedures and adhere to all safety and company policies
- Interact with colleagues to report research results and outcomes by performing calculations and data analysis.
- Able to present data in a concise manner to both internal and external audiencesMaintain and update laboratory notebooks
- Applicant must be willing and able to work a flexible work schedule including early mornings, late evenings, and some weekends
Skills & Experience
- The successful candidate must have a PhD in Biology, Biotechnology or a related field or an advanced degree with an appropriate level of experience.
- Experience working with stem cells (iPSC, ESC or MSC) is preferred
- Experience in dermal tissue engineering is a plus
- Minimum of 5 years of post-graduate experience, ideally from industry
- Proven track record in building world class teams to solve hard scientific and engineering problems
- Experience in the use of Design of Experiments (DOE) is a plus
- Demonstrated personal or professional projects that align with the role
- Proven track record in building world class teams to solve hard scientific problems
- Must have superior organizational skills with attention to detail, the ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously and accurately, and be able to adjust rapidly to shifting priorities and variable workloads
- Must be able to communicate well in oral/written format and must possess adequate computer skills for word processing and data management
- Authorized to work in U.S.
Come and join our rapidly growing team, work with smart and dedicated people and help develop cutting edge technologies that will have a lasting impact on the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by incumbents assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the functions, responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position, and VitroLabs Inc retains the discretion to modify functions, responsibilities, duties and skills at any time, including modifying the time devoted to such activities, deleting activities and assigning other activities.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
VitroLabs Inc is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunities without regard to race, color, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), age, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.