Director of Marketing & Communications
San Jose, California /
VitroLabs is a venture-backed biotechnology startup working towards a world where science is used responsibly to provide positive impact for business, the planet and all living things. By harnessing novel applications of frontier science and technology, we've developed a process to grow real leather that is cruelty-free and better for the environment.
About the role:
In this role, you will lay the foundation for our marketing & communications efforts. You will lead the charge on our marketing strategy, optimize our marketing operations, and own our marketing channels and results. This is a unique chance to join a fast growing startup in a new frontier, where you will play a strategically important role in shaping the direction and vision of our brand.
The ideal candidate is data driven and has a knack for weaving data into storytelling to build narratives that resonate across different audiences. This position requires a growth mindset, the ability to successfully guide projects to completion, and excitement to build marketing and communications operations from the ground up. If you are a strategic storyteller, excited to join and make an impact in a fast-paced, dynamic start up environment, this might be the role for you.
- Guide strategy and lead execution on all brand and product marketing & communications-led initiatives, projects and programs including market research, website, blog, media, press, speakers & events, content creation and other campaigns.
- Tell our story through content marketing strategies and developing key messaging that resonates with target audiences
- Create and lead overall narrative strategy to align with company goals and objectives
- Build, manage and nurture an internal team and oversee supporting agencies and vendors
- Consult and advise executives on communications, including sensitive matters and lead all high-stakes communications
- Build plans around VitroLabs’ expanding Marketing & Communications team, recruiting the best and brightest talent
- Develop success metrics around VitroLabs Marketing & Communications program to track progress, awareness, and overall performance
- Create and manage the budget for the Marketing & Communications team
- Expert in communications, marketing, public relations or similar relevant field preferably in a B2B high-growth company
- Experience working in cross-functional collaborative environments
- Deep understanding of brand strategy, creative design strategy, storytelling and other strategic Marketing & communications initiatives
- Proven ability to create and execute campaigns that raise brand awareness, increase share of voice and extend influence
- Results Oriented: recognizes what results are important – and what steps need to be taken to achieve them. Consistently delivers required business results.
- Adaptability: The ability to remain fully functional by adapting to changing circumstances (environment, procedures, people).
- Managing: Has the ability to manage and take charge of employees in order to enhance their performance; defining targets and providing appropriate means; controlling progress and correcting employees.
- Communication: Ensures that all necessary information is passed on to stakeholders and teammates. Expresses oneself clearly in all interactions with others and approaches concerns and feelings with empathy.
- Self-Management: Ensuring that one’s own work meets expectations. Proactively solicits and provides feedback to improve self and team performance.
We offer great benefits, a competitive salary, and challenging, impactful work. Come and join our rapidly growing team, work with smart and dedicated people and help develop cutting edge technologies that will have a lasting impact on the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by incumbents assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the functions, responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position, and VitroLabs Inc retains the discretion to modify functions, responsibilities, duties and skills at any time, including modifying the time devoted to such activities, deleting activities and assigning other activities.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
VitroLabs Inc is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunities without regard to race, color, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), age, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.