People & Talent Operations Manager
San Jose, California /
About VitroLabs: VitroLabs is a venture-backed biotechnology startup working towards a world where science is used responsibly to provide positive impact for business, the planet and all living things. By harnessing novel applications of frontier science and technology, we've developed a process to grow real leather that is slaughter-free and better for the environment.
About the role: VitroLabs is looking for a People & Talent Operations Manger to support the People & Talents Operations team in all areas of the employee lifecycle, including onboarding, responding to day-to-day questions, developing process documentation, surfacing data-driven insights, and a variety of employment related practices. This role is an incredible opportunity to gain experience and visibility to the full range of People & Talent Operations projects in an emerging new market category --lab-grown leather.
About you: The ideal candidate would be someone who can wear many different hats and is dedicated to bringing innovative thinking to driving operational initiatives that will ultimately improve the team and employee experience. This position requires the ability to rapidly move between topics while effectively communicating complex ideas and scenarios, advise stakeholders, guide projects, and ensure operational readiness for change across our organization. If you are people focused, enjoy working cross-functionally to solve problems using data and you thrive in an ambiguous, fast-paced, and dynamic environment, this might be the role for you.
- Supporting the team in the administration of day-to-day People & Talent processes, policies, procedures, and systems
- Providing seamless and employee-focused support to our team throughout the employee lifecycle from onboarding to offboarding
- Optimizing and standardizing People & Talent processes and programs by proactively identifying improvements to processes and administrative efficiency
- Participate in employee relations efforts and help drive a continuous feedback culture to achieve employee satisfaction and business goals
- Brainstorm and execute a regular cadence of employee events and team bonding activities, and company-wide events
- Participate in the development and documentation of standard operating procedures (SOPs) and customize People actions according to employee and business needs
- Analyze and provide recommendations regarding local, state federal, and international laws to ensure the appropriate application of People practices
- Support the People & Talent team on special projects and assignments as required
Qualifications & Skills
- 2-4 years of experience in operations, HR, recruiting, administration, office management or related field
- Skilled in operations, program implementation, project management, documentation/reporting and administration
- Communication: The ability to ensure that information is passed on to others who should be kept informed, express oneself clearly in all interactions with others, and notice, interpret, and anticipate others’ concerns and feelings with empathy.
- Influence The ability to gain others’ support and negotiate ideas, proposals, projects, and solutions by strategically presenting tailored information or data that will have a strong effect on their audience.
- Analytical Thinking: The ability to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach considering implications and preparing for possible contingencies.
- Change Management: The ability to demonstrate support for innovation and for organizational changes needed to improve the organization’s effectiveness; initiating, sponsoring, and implementing organizational change; helping others to successfully manage organizational change.
- Collaboration: As a team member, the ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team; as a team leader, the ability to demonstrate interest, skill, and success in getting groups to learn to work together. Commitment to inclusivity and cultural awareness through actions, interactions, and communications.
- Self Management: Ensuring that one’s own work and information are complete and accurate; carefully preparing for meetings and presentations; following up with others to ensure that agreements and commitments have been fulfilled consistently. Solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule including early mornings, late evenings, and some weekends.
- $83,000 - $110,000 DOE
Come and join our incredibly dedicated and driven team as we develop cutting edge technologies that will have a lasting impact on the world.
We offer great benefits, a competitive salary, and challenging, impactful work. Come and join our rapidly growing team, work with smart and dedicated people and help develop cutting edge technologies that will have a lasting impact on the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by incumbents assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the functions, responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position, and VitroLabs Inc retains the discretion to modify functions, responsibilities, duties and skills at any time, including modifying the time devoted to such activities, deleting activities and assigning other activities.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
VitroLabs Inc is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunities without regard to race, color, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), age, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.