San Jose, California
At VitroLabs, we’re on a mission to bring tissue engineering to unprecedented scale and new applications.
We're developing the world's first fully scalable tissue engineering platform - combining the latest breakthroughs in stem cell research, biomaterials and 3D tissue engineering.
Our first product? Slaughter-free, real luxury leather.
VitroLabs Inc seeks a reliable and highly-motivated lab technician to support the activities of the R&D team. The successful candidate will be familiar with general cell biology laboratory techniques, general lab maintenance, and responsible for the support of daily laboratory activities.
Lab Technician Responsibilities:
- Stocking of supplies, aseptically making media and buffer preparation, cleaning and autoclaving various parts, assembling tubing sets, and ordering supplies
- Maintain and update laboratory notebooks
- Maintain and update inventory of laboratory supplies
- Perform general maintenance in the laboratory
- Monitor, calibrate, decontamination and maintain cell culture equipment
- Sterile preparation of laboratory glassware, tools, and reagents
- Follow Good Laboratory Practices and Standard Operating Procedures and adhere to all safety and company policies
- Applicant must be willing and able to work a flexible work schedule to meet production demands including early mornings, late evenings, and some weekends
Lab Tech Skills & Experience:
- The successful candidate must have a minimum of an Associates in Biology, Biotechnology or a related field
- Minimum of 1 year of working in a laboratory setting would be preferred
- Working in a cell biology laboratory and aseptically preparing media is preferred
- Must have superior organizational skills with attention to detail, the ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously and accurately, and be able to adjust rapidly to shifting priorities and variable workloads
- Must be able to communicate well in oral/written format and must possess adequate computer skills for word processing and data management
- Authorized to work in U.S.
Come and join our rapidly growing team, work with smart and dedicated people and help develop cutting edge technologies that will have a lasting impact on the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by incumbents assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the functions, responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position, and VitroLabs Inc retains the discretion to modify functions, responsibilities, duties and skills at any time, including modifying the time devoted to such activities, deleting activities and assigning other activities.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
VitroLabs Inc is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunities without regard to race, color, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), age, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.