Director of Facilities
San Jose, California /
About the role:
We’re looking for a Director of Facilities who shares our values and is excited to develop, lead, and support key facilities and infrastructure projects as we grow and expand our team and operations.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for overseeing tenant improvements and renovation projects, maintenance of facilities systems and equipment, equipment installation and testing, ensuring compliance with the standards and guidelines set forth and enforced by federal, state, and local authorities. The ideal candidate will have a strong working knowledge of HVAC systems for technical/lab spaces, building management and safety systems, and general compliance codes and regulations.
This role requires excellent communication and project management skills, as you will work across many different projects and with many different stakeholders, both internally and externally.
VitroLabs is a venture-backed company working toward a world where science is used responsibly to provide positive impact for business, the planet, and all living things. By harnessing novel applications of frontier science and technology, we've developed a process to grow real leather that is better for animal welfare and for the environment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Overseeing and directing facilities planning, design, maintenance, and construction programs
- Establishing, managing, and executing predictive, preventive, corrective maintenance programs for capital equipment
- Tracking and ensuring compliance with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations and act as the main point of contact for facilities-related questions and communications
- Performing regular internal safety inspections
- Maintaining site and equipment safety and compliance in partnership with laboratory management and safety committee
- Managing building utilities and vendors (ie. waste management, janitorial, building systems, telecommunications, pest control, security, etc.)
- Maintaining and administering facilities budget
- Troubleshooting and fixing problems across facilities, equipment, and infrastructure
- Training staff on safety procedures in partnership with people operations and the safety committee
- Procuring, installing, and maintaining new equipment in partnership with laboratory management as well as office equipment and workstations in partnership with office management
- Managing key relationships across internal teams, external vendors, and property management
- Leading long-term space planning and facility needs in partnership with executive management to meet business needs and objectives
- Minimum of 5 years experience in facilities management or relevant position
- Proven experience as a Director of facilities or relevant position
- Well-versed in facilities and operations best practices
- Experience in a laboratory setting or previous experience in laboratory facilities management
- Excellent communication skills -- both verbal and written
- Excellent organizational, leadership, and project management skills
- BS/BA in engineering, facility management, or relevant field
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Results-driven and able to manage projects from start to finish
- Experience in a rapidly growing startup environment
- Certification in facilities management
Why you’ll love working at VitroLabs:
- We’re a tight-knit team with a big purpose
- Growth opportunities and exciting challenges ahead
- Great benefits, salary, and equity
- Impactful work
We offer great benefits, a competitive salary, and challenging, impactful work. Come and join our rapidly growing team, work with smart and dedicated people and help develop cutting edge technologies that will have a lasting impact on the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by incumbents assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the functions, responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position, and VitroLabs Inc retains the discretion to modify functions, responsibilities, duties and skills at any time, including modifying the time devoted to such activities, deleting activities and assigning other activities.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
VitroLabs Inc is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunities without regard to race, color, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), age, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.