Media Development Specialist, Cell Biology
San Jose, California
Do you love to work at the frontier of emerging science and have a pioneer mindset? Are you constantly itching to try unique approaches to solving big problems? If yes, then read on.
Leather consumption has grown unsustainable. At VitroLabs, we’ve developed a new way, using stem cells, to grow real leather that lets us work in harmony with nature without killing animals.
We're looking for an inventive Media Development Specialist, ready to charge into uncharted territory as we reinvent how leather is made, how farm animals are treated, and how tissue-engineering is applied in the world.
This job may be for you if:
- you are exceptionally innovative, relentlessly curious, and hungry to lay the groundwork for something brand new
- you’re eager to volunteer for new challenges and don’t have to be asked
- you have a solid understanding of cell culture media development (chemically defined/serum-free), and animal cell-line development, and are able to translate this information for the development of unique 3D tissue engineering products
- you love providing guidance to team members in cell-biology and believe that oftentimes two minds are better than one when problem-solving
- you're excited to work at the bench alongside other pioneering scientists
- you have built world-class teams to solve tough scientific and engineering problems
- you are great at translating and communicating data and conclusions to both scientific and non-technical audiences
- you are masterfully organized and effectively prioritize complex tasks
- a Ph.D. in Biology, Biotechnology or a related field or an advanced degree with an appropriate level of experience
- minimum of 5 years of post-graduate experience, ideally from industry personal or professional projects that align with the role
- authorization to work in U.S.
- a willingness and ability to work a flexible work schedule including early mornings, late evenings, and some weekends
You might also have:
- Experience working with stem cells (iPSC, ESC or MSC)
- Experience in dermal tissue engineering
- Experience in the use of Design of Experiments (DOE)
We offer great benefits, a competitive salary, and challenging, impactful work. Come and join our rapidly growing team, work with smart and dedicated people and help develop cutting edge technologies that will have a lasting impact on the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by incumbents assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the functions, responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position, and VitroLabs Inc retains the discretion to modify functions, responsibilities, duties and skills at any time, including modifying the time devoted to such activities, deleting activities and assigning other activities.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
VitroLabs Inc is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunities without regard to race, color, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), age, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.