Pilot Manufacturing Manager
San Jose, California /
VitroLabs is a venture-backed biotechnology startup working towards a world where science is used responsibly to provide positive impact for business, the planet and all living things. By harnessing novel applications of frontier science and technology, we've developed a process to grow real leather that is cruelty-free and better for the environment.
About the role:
VitroLabs is launching the very first cultivated leather pilot manufacturing site and we are looking for a Pilot Manufacturing Manager to help build and manage the team that will operate it. This role will be responsible for the recruitment and growth of the manufacturing team, day-to-day supervision of bioreactor operations, and overall ownership of setting and meeting company goals as aligned to our manufacturing efforts.
The Pilot Manufacturing team will support the testing of new equipment and processes developed by the R&D team, aid in technology transfer, and maintain safe and efficient operations of pilot-scale equipment.
You're a results-oriented manager of manufacturing functions who is no stranger to working in fast-paced, dynamic environments and you thrive when given the opportunity to wear multiple-hats and learn new things! Your previous experience has provided you with the necessary project management skills to guide manufacturing projects from start to finish.
- Develop and maintain a precise production plan (team, space, equipment and supplies) based on company needs to meet short-term and long-term goals in partnership with the R&D team.
- Supervise daily pilot manufacturing operations including but not limited to; establishing project plans, assigning tasks and identifying potential bottlenecks, and ensuring the safety and maintenance of the manufacturing floor.
- Collaborate on workforce planning and recruitment of your team, define and execute in the onboarding and development for new hires, and lead the efforts in meeting departmental and company goals.
- Develop and maintain manufacturing best practices for VitroLabs, quality standards of raw materials and products, and operational documentation (SOPs, batch records, process descriptions and QC processes).
- Participate in the installation and evaluation of new equipment and bioreactor technologies in partnership with R&D and define appropriate operating parameters to improve on quality and efficiency.
- Expert in the supervision and project management of full-cycle manufacturing production operations.
- Experience hiring, developing and managing a manufacturing team from the ground up.
- Deep understanding of aseptic and clean room principles.
- Working knowledge of large scale manufacturing equipment.
- Preference given to those with familiarity in mammalian cell culture, biochemical, pharmaceutical or food manufacturing.
- Project Management: Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize effectively to meet deadlines.
- Problem Solving: Identifies potential bottlenecks and proactively finds practical solutions.
- Communication: Ensures that all necessary information is passed on to stakeholders and teammates. Expresses oneself clearly in all interactions with others and approaches concerns and feelings with empathy.
- Analytical Thinking: The ability to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach considering implications and preparing for possible contingencies.
- Self Management: Ensuring that one’s own work meets expectations. Proactively solicits and provides feedback to improve self and team performance.
We offer great benefits, a competitive salary, and challenging, impactful work. Come and join our rapidly growing team, work with smart and dedicated people and help develop cutting edge technologies that will have a lasting impact on the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by incumbents assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the functions, responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position, and VitroLabs Inc retains the discretion to modify functions, responsibilities, duties and skills at any time, including modifying the time devoted to such activities, deleting activities and assigning other activities.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
VitroLabs Inc is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunities without regard to race, color, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), age, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.