Key Account Manager
Old Street, London /
Sales and Marketing – Account Management /
We're looking for a dynamic Key Account Manager to join us! Salary: £50,000-£70,000 + commission / bonus (£80,000-£100,000 OTE). Reporting to: Flora McFarlane, our Head of UK Sales. Location: Old Street, with flexible working and WfH.
We are a fast-growing, 120-person scale-up, with a presence in most major UK cities and a growing international presence.
We empower cities by providing local authorities and transport organisations with the detailed, highly accurate, data-driven insights they need to make informed decisions to support their sustainability goals. Having won industry and national awards every year since our founding, we bring the latest academic research into practical, real-world environments, making data-driven change happen faster than anyone else.
You can read more about our values and what it's like to work at VivaCity.
About the role
Joining as a Key Account Manager, you will become the face of VivaCity for our key local authority customers e.g. strategic transport bodies and combined authorities (6 as of 2023) and the champion of your customers internally. Using strong relationship building and strategic planning capabilities, you will build relationships with contacts who trust your expertise, believe in our product, and want to shape its future.
We are looking for a dynamic, relationship builder, customer-centric, and personable individual to join our ambitious, friendly team.
What you'll be doing:
- Evangelise for VivaCity’s technology within the accounts, nurturing champions as you go and helping our data provide key, daily insights
- Get deep into the accounts: set up regular touch points, engage in business reviews, understanding their needs and identifying solutions
- Map the landscape: identify key decision-makers, build strong relationships with key stakeholders, explore new team and function relationships
- Support the accounts to build business/funding cases and become national leaders in intelligent transport systems
- Campaign for your clients internally; work with cross-functional teams to build and deliver for the needs of our key accounts
- Achieve and exceed annual revenue targets Key Accounts, managing all aspects of the sales cycle:
- Build and maintain an accurate pipeline, providing accurate forecasting
- Put together sales documentation
- Ensure all documents required for project kick-off are in order
- Work closely with Customer Success to enable smooth, efficient project delivery
- Relationship management and development - identifying key individuals to support and influence
- Ability to engage with senior level stakeholders across local and central government
- Time and task management (between different accounts etc.)
- Strategic thinking - aligning with business plan objectives and customer’s objectives
- Self-starter - showing what excellent account management looks like at VivaCity
- Business-minded - considering the trade-offs between product and support provision with the needs for the relationship
- Results driven - you’re not afraid to set goals and go after them
Bonus Knowledge and skills for success:
- Passion for transport, urbanism, mobility, local democracy or sustainable transport systems
- Value-base/consultative selling
- Computer vision and/or Artificial Intelligence
- Pipedrive CRM
- Google suite
What we offer:
- 25 days of holiday
- Flexible working hours and work from home
- Up to 30 days per year work from abroad
- Up to 3 flexible bank holiday days
- 3% employer pension contribution
- £200 total working from home budget
- £850 per year learning and development budget
- Enhanced parental leave
- Up to 3 ‘childcare’ or ‘dependant’ days per year
- Mental health support through Spill
- Discounted gym memberships through GymFlex
- £50 per person per quarter team social budget
- Additional entertainment budget and company parties
- Office food and drinks
- Optional Bupa healthcare and dental care through salary deduction
- Eye care vouchers
- Seasonal Flu jabs
- Cycle to work scheme
- Payroll giving through salary sacrifice
We know that diverse ideas and perspectives drive innovation and make us better. We are creating an environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best work. We're an equal opportunities employer and all applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, nationality, disability, age, or social background. If you need any reasonable accommodations to help you perform at your best during the application process, please let us know
We offer flexible working policies and a benefits package that includes a personal development budget, generous parental leave and regular, varied events. This is an exciting opportunity to take an active part in shaping the future of an energetic company dedicated to revolutionising the way our cities work.
You don't need to have done all of these things before, but to excel in this role you will need to be keen to learn and comfortable working in a dynamic, fast paced environment. If you're close to what we're looking for, please consider applying.