Senior Backend/API Engineer (d/f/m)
Product & Development /
Full time /
Get onboard the vivenu rocket ship to revolutionize one of the most exciting industries and enable global and limitless ticketing.
In 2018, we started vivenu with a bold mission: to transform the global event ticketing industry for good. Hundreds of thousands of event organizers around the globe rely on solutions that haven’t kept up with today's needs and expectations.
We finally put this to an end. Now and forever. Our API-first ticketing platform breaks limitations and unlocks huge potential: letting leading organizers manage, market, and analyze ticket sales effortlessly with our powerful unified solution.
Leading tech VCs, exceptional entrepreneurs, and industry experts such as the owners of the San Francisco 49ers invested more than $65 million in vivenu to back our extraordinary growth.
We are not an ordinary company and we are not looking for people who want just another job. Our team consists of truly driven individuals, working together to achieve the unimaginable.
Ready for personal growth? Join us to be part of Germany's next big B2B SaaS company!
As our Senior Backend / API Engineer, you will...
- design, develop, and maintain backend APIs and services in a growing team
- iterate on our software development processes continuously to guarantee fast and excellent development standards
- lead conceptualization, implementation, and integration of APIs across our services
- learn new technologies constantly, evaluating their potential impact and implementing them
- mentor junior engineers to help them grow
We are looking for candidates that...
- are resilient problem solvers, willing to take the extra step. The majority of our services are developed in TypeScript. However: Programming languages can be learned! That being said, a deep understanding of modern JS (ES2015+) is essential
- have 3+ years of backend development experience
- show a passion for designing and building well-defines APIs and services at scale
- have high bar opinions in code quality and what good architectures are
- have an established track record in building large distributed HA applications
- display a good understanding of the concepts of NoSQL and Message Queues
- have the ability to write modular, reliable, and easily testable code
Our Stack consists of...
- microservices running in a container orchestrated cloud-agnostic infrastructure
- TypeScript and Node.js in the backend with a continuously increasing share of Golang
We are offering...
- true impact. At vivenu, we are enabling organizations worldwide to manage their event ticketing in a more efficient, independent, and liberated way. Your work will impact this mission tremendously and you will see the results of your work in no time
- no internal politics. We pride ourselves on hiring brilliant challengers with the ambition to drive real change. vivenuans are forward-thinking people and will inspire you with their thirst for excellence.
- real empowerment and a steep learning curve. We believe in empowering vivenuans by giving them full ownership and responsibility for their work
- a culture of rewarding over-performance. We foster a culture of rewarding over-performance, promoting quickly, and supporting ambitious career paths
At vivenu, diversity fuels our rocket ship, and our commitment to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experience drives us forward every day. We encourage everyone to apply and consider every application fairly.
Have a look at our mission statement and corporate values here.