Senior Site Reliability Engineer
San Francisco CA
What are we building?
Providing cloud-scale APIs for speech recognition, natural language processing, and predictive analytics
Building highly scalable, distributed microservices that run across 10,000 CPU cores in an architecture designed for 1 billion minutes per month
Implementing a seamless developer experience and showcase UX for voice/speech analytics applications
What will you be working on?
Cloud scale, distributed systems. You will make sure that our automation is running and our services are never down. You will shorten our deploy time. You will function in a highly agile and quick moving environment with a complex and mixed AWS and data center infrastructure.
Who are you?
A Senior Site Reliability Engineer with a passion for cloud-scale, micro-service architecture to take us to a billion minutes per month and beyond.
What will your responsibilities be?
- Design, test and implement solutions to the hardest Ops problems in a mixed public/private cloud and data center environment
- Drive the next level of automation for scalability, reliability and uptime
- Champion the best security practices for our systems
- Work with Ops team and Dev team to improve quality, uptime and monitoring
- Continuously improve Ops tools and processes
What makes you qualified?
- At least 7 years experience and a track record of IT Ops and cloud maintenance
- Strong proficiency in Python, Ruby, Bash, Perl scripting
- Demonstrated ability to provide technical ownership in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Hands-on experience with Chef, Puppet, Saltstack, Ansible or other configuration management system. We are a Chef shop
- Prior experience with Linux, networking and routing, IT security, Monitoring and metrics, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, ELK, Zookeeper preferred
- Working knowledge of PCI, SOC, ISO, and HIPAA certifications will be beneficial
VoiceBase is a rapidly growing, well-funded, startup in downtown San Francisco and an industry leader in speech analytics. Clients like Twilio, Amazon Web Services, Cisco, Nasdaq, and C-Span are already optimizing their sales through VoiceBase enabled, predictive insights. Business intelligence and analytics is going to be a 20 billion dollar industry by 2018 and is already one of the most profitable, fastest growing sectors of tech. Harnessing the power of "big voice", we are gaining traction in the market, doubling our volume every quarter, and looking to expand our team to scale our growth. Launched by experienced and successful startup leaders and backed by reliable investors, we are searching for top talent to join our dedicated team of engineers.
What will you get to do here? The bottom line...Super-compute across tens of thousands of CPU cores.
What will VoiceBase do for you?
In addition to a competitive salary, 401K, full health benefits, and unlimited PTO, we offer an incredibly generous equity package, a vibrant office culture, work-life balance, all the snacks you can imagine, beers on Fridays, group activities, and--best of all--a highly talented and diverse team to collaborate and grow with.
You will lead teams and projects, have immense ownership over your work, be at the forefront of innovation, practice and learn exceptionally marketable skills in a tech-focused company, work in a high-performing team, and be an integral contributor to a powerful platform.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.