Senior Platform Engineer
San Francisco CA
What are we building?
Cloud-scale APIs for speech recognition, natural language processing, and predictive analytics
Highly scalable, distributed microservices that run across 10,000 CPU cores in an architecture designed for 1 billion minutes per month
A seamless developer experience and showcase UX for voice/speech analytics applications
What will you be working on?
Software that scales under real-world conditions. You will be writing design for functional and technical specifications, designing components, identifying bottlenecks and providing solutions, breaking components and solving issues, troubleshooting for accuracy and performance, providing assistance to QA in designing tests, prototyping and selecting technologies, building SDKs for new clients, automating development tasks, operating in a fast-paced and highly agile environment, and working very independently while participating in every-other-day stand-ups.
Who are you?
A Java engineer who loves building scalable platforms used by tens of thousands of developers.
What will your responsibilities be?
- Building distributed systems, working with micro services, and creating bulletproof software
- Writing clean, readable, functional code
- Picking frameworks and libraries that get the job done
- Working with peers who provide direct and open design feedback
- Getting your work in production and into customers' hands... every two weeks
What makes you qualified?
- Common Java frameworks and libraries, such as the Spring stack
- Messaging queueing technologies, such as JMS or Kafka
- Comfortable with common databases like SQL (mySQL), noSQL (Mongo), and/or in-memory (Redis) data stores (we use noSQL, Redis, and Cassandra)
- Micro-services and containers (Docker)
- Disciplined error handling and graceful degradation
If you have these skills, that's awesome, but not required:
- Real-time and near-real-time data processing such as Storm or Spark Streaming
- Machine learning or predictive analytics expertise
VoiceBase is a rapidly growing, well-funded, startup in downtown San Francisco and an industry leader in speech analytics. Clients like Twilio, Amazon Web Services, Cisco, Nasdaq, and C-Span are already optimizing their sales through VoiceBase enabled, predictive insights. Business intelligence and analytics is going to be a 20 billion dollar industry by 2018 and is already one of the most profitable, fastest growing sectors of tech. Harnessing the power of "big voice", we are gaining traction in the market, doubling our volume every quarter, and looking to expand our team to scale our growth. Launched by experienced and successful startup leaders and backed by reliable investors, we are searching for top talent to join our dedicated team of engineers.
What will you get to do here? The bottom line...Super-compute across tens of thousands of CPU cores.
What will VoiceBase do for you?
In addition to a competitive salary, 401K, full health benefits, and unlimited PTO, we offer an incredibly generous equity package, a vibrant office culture, work-life balance, all the snacks you can imagine, beers on Fridays, group activities, and--best of all--a highly talented and diverse team to collaborate and grow with.
You will lead teams and projects, have immense ownership over your work, be at the forefront of innovation, practice and learn exceptionally marketable skills in a tech-focused company, work in a high-performing team, and be an integral contributor to a powerful platform.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.