Senior API Engineer
San Francisco CA
What are we building?
Cloud-scale APIs for speech recognition, natural language processing, and predictive analytics
Highly scalable, distributed microservices that run across 10,000 CPU cores in an architecture designed for 1 billion minutes per month
A seamless developer experience and showcase UX for voice/speech analytics applications
What will you be working on?
Software that scales under real-world conditions. You will get to know, quite well, our in-house speech recognition engine. As a member of our Platform Team, you will be focused on maximizing our security layer and working closely with both the platform and developer experience engineers to bring our clients fast and reliable insights.
Who are you?
A Java engineer who loves to build APIs that will be used by tens of thousands of developers.
What will your basic responsibilities be?
- Designing REST APIs you can be proud of
- Writing clean, concise, readable code
- Picking frameworks and libraries that get the job done
- Working with peers who provide direct and open design feedback
- Getting your work in production and into customers' hands... every two weeks
What makes you qualified?
- Proficiency with common Java frameworks and libraries such as the Spring stack (Boot, MVC, Cloud)
- Database knowledge in SQL (mySQL), noSQL (Mongo), and/or in-memory (Redis) data stores
- Solid grasp of engineering methodologies (functional programming) and abstractions (ORM, IoC)
- Knowledge of micro-services and containers (Docker)
- Understanding of authentication and authorization (OAuth)
If you have these skills, that's awesome, but not required:
- Machine learning, big data, or predictive analytics expertise
- Familiarity with distributed systems engineering
- Audio and video processing
VoiceBase is a rapidly growing, well-funded, startup in downtown San Francisco and an industry leader in speech analytics. Clients like Twilio, Amazon Web Services, Cisco, Nasdaq, and C-Span are already optimizing their sales through VoiceBase enabled, predictive insights. Business intelligence and analytics is going to be a 20 billion dollar industry by 2018 and is already one of the most profitable, fastest growing sectors of tech. Harnessing the power of "big voice", we are gaining traction in the market, doubling our volume every quarter, and looking to expand our team to scale our growth. Launched by experienced and successful startup leaders and backed by reliable investors, we are searching for top talent to join our dedicated team of engineers.
What will you get to do here? The bottom line...Super-compute across tens of thousands of CPU cores.
What will VoiceBase do for you?
In addition to a competitive salary, 401K, full health benefits, and unlimited PTO, we offer an incredibly generous equity package, a vibrant office culture, work-life balance, all the snacks you can imagine, beers on Fridays, group activities, and--best of all--a highly talented and diverse team to collaborate and grow with.
You will lead teams and projects, have immense ownership over your work, be at the forefront of innovation, practice and learn exceptionally marketable skills in a tech-focused company, work in a high-performing team, and be an integral contributor to a powerful platform.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.