Senior Statistical Quality Engineer
San Francisco CA
What are we building?
Speech recognition, natural language processing, and predictive analytics at cloud scale
Highly scalable, distributed microservices that run across 10,000 CPU cores in an architecture designed for 1 billion minutes per month
A seamless developer experience and showcase UX for voice/speech analytics applications
What will you be working on?
You will help ensure that our speech analytics platform produces results that are accurate, consistent, and actionable.
You will build statistical, quantitative, and functional tests to validate that:
- our in-house speech recognition engine remains market-leading
- our keyword analytics are comprehensive and relevant
- our predictive models are helping our customers automate their businesses
Who are you?
An experienced quality engineer with an extensive statistical background.
What will your responsibilities be?
- Building statistical test models for speech recognition, keyword analysis, and classification
- Testing the accuracy of our transcripts
- Automating tests
- Integrating to run through CI pipeline
What will make you qualified?
- Prior experience developing statistical test models
- Comfortable with Python, R, or Julia
- Automation experience
If you have these skills, that's awesome, but not required:
- Comfortability with TestNG or JUnit
- Python data science stack experience (numpy, scipy, Jupyter)
- Prior experience developing test frameworks
- Familiarity with voice analytics or API testing
- Experience with Continuous integration
- Git experience
VoiceBase is a rapidly growing, well-funded, startup in downtown San Francisco and an industry leader in speech analytics. Clients like Twilio, Amazon Web Services, Cisco, Nasdaq, and C-Span are already optimizing their sales through VoiceBase enabled, predictive insights. Business intelligence and analytics is going to be a 20 billion dollar industry by 2018 and is already one of the most profitable, fastest growing sectors of tech. Harnessing the power of "big voice", we are gaining traction in the market, doubling our volume every quarter, and looking to expand our team to scale our growth. Launched by experienced and successful startup leaders and backed by reliable investors, we are searching for top talent to join our dedicated team of engineers.
What will you get to do here? The bottom line...Super-compute across tens of thousands of CPU cores.
What will VoiceBase do for you?
In addition to a competitive salary, 401K, full health benefits, and unlimited PTO, we offer an incredibly generous equity package, a vibrant office culture, work-life balance, all the snacks you can imagine, beers on Fridays, group activities, and--best of all--a highly talented and diverse team to collaborate and grow with.
You will lead teams and projects, have immense ownership over your work, be at the forefront of innovation, practice and learn exceptionally marketable skills in a tech-focused company, work in a high-performing team, and be an integral contributor to a powerful platform.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.