Director of Marketing, Payments as a Service
North America /
Marketing – SMPM /
Director/Senior Director of Marketing, Payments as a Service (PaaS)
Volante Technologies is the leading global provider of cloud payments and digital transformation solutions for the financial services industry. Volante is a disruptor and an innovator: our Payments as a Service (PaaS) solutions have seen rapid growth over the past three years as more and more financial institutions are adopting a cloud-first approach to payments processing, and are selecting Volante as their payments partner of choice. To help drive the next phase of our growth, Volante seeks a seasoned SaaS marketing leader to join our team and lead marketing for the PaaS line of business.
As Director / Senior Director of Marketing, Payments as a Service, you’ll have end-to-end ownership of PaaS marketing globally. You’ll create the messaging and positioning for our PaaS solutions, generate an integrated marketing plan based on targets for customer acquisition, bookings and pipeline generation, and manage the execution of that plan across the entire marketing mix. You’ll also be the “voice of Volante PaaS marketing”, representing PaaS marketing to stakeholders at every level in the company. This is a role with responsibility and authority: when it comes to PaaS marketing, the buck stops with you.
Location and Reporting Line
The role is based in the US. Proximity to east coast (NYC, Boston) or west coast (Bay Area) locations preferred. You will report into the US-based VP of Global Marketing. You will also collaborate closely with an extended group of peers and stakeholders, including the Global Head of Payments as a Service, the VP of PaaS Product Management, VP of Growth, and regional sales heads among others.
Key Result Areas and Accountabilities
- Own and drive the messaging and marketing for Volante’s PaaS line of business
- Create a marketing plan that meets the demand and lead generation targets of the business
- Collaborate with marketing peers, and Volante marketing agencies, to instantiate the marketing plan in all PaaS target markets
- Collaborate with Volante’s product and content marketing staff to ensure that PaaS-related collateral, including web and digital assets, is consistent with the PaaS messaging architecture
- Report on progress against targets by creating simple and effective views into PaaS marketing performance
- Play a key role in forward planning for the PaaS business
Ideal core qualifications, experience, attributes and skills
- 15 years experience in B2B marketing
- 8 years in cloud/SaaS marketing, ideally in financial services / fintech; knowledge of the payments industry is a plus but not required
- Experience leading marketing for a line of business in a matrix environment with dependencies across multiple departments
- Proven success delivering marketing results in fast growth organizations in competitive markets
- Proven track record driving measurable results in pipeline generation, ACV growth, customer retention, and other SaaS growth metrics through marketing channels
- Background in product marketing, building compelling messaging based on competitive positioning and differentiation, and instantiating that messaging in broad-mix marketing campaigns
- Effective working across different geographical locations, cultures and time zones – Volante is a global company and the PaaS business is expanding in developed and emerging economies