Voleon is a technology company that applies state-of-the-art machine learning techniques to real-world problems in finance. For more than a decade, we have led our industry and worked at the frontier of applying machine learning to investment management. We have become a multibillion dollar asset manager, and we have ambitious goals for the future.
Your colleagues will include internationally recognized experts in machine learning research as well as highly experienced technology and finance professionals. The people who shape our company come from other backgrounds, too, including concert music performance, humanitarian aid, opera singing, sports writing, and the submarine service. You will be part of a team that loves to succeed together.
In addition to our enriching and collegial working environment, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefits packages, technology talks by our experts, a beautiful modern office, daily catered lunches, and more.
As Corporate Counsel, you will report directly to the General Counsel/Chief Compliance Officer as a member of the Legal and Compliance Department and gain broad exposure to the firm’s trading, research, investor relations, and operations groups. You will be involved in challenging and innovative projects within a highly collaborative and fast-paced environment that values creativity, thoughtful problem-solving, and attention to detail. This role is a means to make a difference: you will share responsibility with a skilled team for all legal and compliance aspects of the firm’s operations.
- Manage a wide array of responsibilities, including developing and maintaining investment products and their associated offering documents, negotiating with prospective investors, negotiating with trading counterparties and vendors, and regulatory compliance matters
- Oversee general corporate matters (e.g. corporate governance, contracts, tax, and employment-related issues)
- Work closely with the firm’s business units to support their legal needs
- Strong record of academic achievement and at least four years of relevant work experience
- Work experience with relevant portions of key investment management laws and regulations (e.g., Investment Advisers Act, Investment Company Act, Securities Act, Commodity Exchange Act, and ERISA)
- Superior organizational and project management acumen; a keen eye for detail; efficient productivityDemonstrably excellent analytical abilities, drafting and verbal communication skills, and well-developed numeracy[MOU1]
- Familiarity with European financial regulations is a plus
- J.D. degree
- Authorization to work in the United States
The Voleon Group is an Equal Opportunity employer. Applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, sex, gender, marital status, sexual orientation and identity, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship, or any other factors prohibited by local, state, or federal law.