Senior Cloud Security Engineer
Berkeley or Remote /
Voleon is a technology company that applies state-of-the-art machine learning techniques to real-world problems in finance. For more than a decade, we have led our industry and worked at the frontier of applying machine learning to investment management. We have become a multibillion dollar asset manager, and we have ambitious goals for the future.
Your colleagues will include internationally recognized experts in machine learning research as well as highly experienced finance and technology professionals. The people who shape our company come from other backgrounds, too, including concert music performance, humanitarian aid, opera singing, sports writing, and the submarine service. You will be part of a team that loves to succeed together.
In addition to our enriching and collegial working environment, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefits packages, technology talks by our experts, a beautiful modern office, catered lunches, and more.
As the Senior Cloud Security Engineer, you will be responsible for leading and working on highly complex technical projects based on an in-depth knowledge of information security and IT operations. You will be responsible for driving the design, development, and deployment efforts related to security projects as well as day-to-day security practices. This role is a means to make a difference: you will protect our organization’s critical intellectual property and systems. This opportunity requires Security Engineering experience.
- Lead the build of world-class, secure cloud infrastructure that protects intellectual property.
- Perform security risk and architecture reviews for cloud infrastructure and services.
- Collaborate with security leadership, research, and engineering to secure cloud trading systems and computational workloads.
- Proactively identify, troubleshoot, and mitigate host, network, and design vulnerabilities and provide metrics for reporting.
- Develop and embed security controls early in the software development lifecycle.
- Serve as subject matter expert and driver of security culture.
- At least seven years of increasing responsibility and scope in a technical role.
- At least two years of experience with Linux infrastructure.
- At least four years of experience in securing cloud workloads (AWS, GCP, Azure).
- Strong programming ability (Bash, Python, Terraform, Ansible).
- Significant experience with container security (SELinux, AppArmor, seccomp, Open Policy Agent, RBAC, namespaces, Podman).
- Experience developing tooling to support security initiatives.
- Knowledge of the threat landscape, particularly intellectual property attacks, insider threats, and understanding of the tools and tactics utilized by threat actors.
- Knowledge of network and host-based protection and detection technologies.
- Substantiate and communicate concisely to diverse audiences at varying organizational and skill levels.
- Forensics abilities, including file analysis, file carving, timeline creation.
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience in hybrid infrastructure environments.
$160,000 - $185,000 a year
The base salary range for this position is $160,000 to $185,000 in the location(s) of this posting. Individual salaries are determined through a variety of factors, including, but not limited to, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and geography. Base salary does not include other forms of total compensation such as bonus compensation and other benefits. Our benefits package includes medical, dental and vision coverage, life and AD&D insurance, 20 days of paid time off, 9 sick days, and a 401(k) plan with a company match.
“Friends of Voleon” Candidate Referral Program
If you have a great candidate in mind for this role and would like to have the potential to earn $7,500 if your referred candidate is successfully hired and employed by The Voleon Group, please use this form to submit your referral. For more details regarding eligibility, terms and conditions please make sure to review the Voleon Referral Bonus Program.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Voleon Group is an Equal Opportunity employer. Applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, sex, gender, marital status, sexual orientation and identity, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship, or any other factors prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
The Voleon Group has implemented a policy requiring all employees who will be entering our worksite, including new hires, to be fully vaccinated with the COVID-19 vaccine. This policy also applies to remote employees, as such employees will be asked to visit our offices from time to time. To the extent permitted by applicable law, proof of vaccination will be required as a condition of employment. This policy is part of Voleon’s ongoing efforts to ensure the safety and well-being of our employees and community, and to support public health efforts.