Embedded Hardware/Software Engineer
We need you!
Voliro is developing the next generation of drones that can fly, see, and touch. We are pushing the limits to enable drone missions that were unthinkable until now. The people, the drone enthusiasts, the engineering masterminds behind Voliro are the key to achieve our goals, which is why we are always looking to expand our team with motivated new talents. Equal opportunity is important to us, which is why we are looking for the best-qualified individual, regardless of their background to join our multicultural team.
Embedded Hardware/Software Engineer
Starting date: July 2020 or as soon as possible.
Your Tasks and Responsibilities
- Help Voliro find innovative solutions to reach our challenging goals by developing reliable custom electronics
- Write and deploy embedded code on a novel flying platform
- Rigorously test, evaluate and challenge the system and help us expand its capabilities
- Explore and evaluate new approaches and technologies through rapid prototyping and conducting feasibility studies
- Take charge and coordinate projects with our engineers and external contractors
- [Optional] Supervise interns and student projects in collaboration with ETH Zurich
- You have excellent skills in electronics design, a good understanding of modern digital electronics, and experience in bringing new designs into production. A great team spirit and the shared vision to change the drone industry is our recipe for success. We are looking for a team player who is contributing her/his opinion and challenges the status quo. As part of our team, you should share our fascination and passion for drones and pushing the boundaries of what is possible.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in electrical engineering
- 4+ years of industry experience in electronics / embedded SW development
- Strong understanding of analog and digital circuit design concepts
- Proficiency in electronic design from component selection to board bring-up
- Experience with state-of-the-art EDA software (Altium, Kicad, etc.)
- Regulatory compliant design (EC, EMI)
- Good embedded SW development skills (C/C++), preferably on ARM Cortex M MCU or Cortex A SoC
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot complex HW/SW systems using oscilloscopes, logic analysers, etc.
- Knowledge of the most common bus systems such as SPI, I2C, CAN, etc.
- Autonomous, goal-oriented, creative, and highly motivated
- Good command of spoken/written English
- Bonus Points:
- Software development experience within Dronecode (or related) open-source ecosystems
- Experience with Linux in an embedded environment
- Experience with high speed, long-range wireless links and communication systems, and protocols
- Experience with product certification processes
- Software development skills in CUDA/Python
- Experience with embedded NVIDIA platforms
We encourage our team members to impact the development of the next generation of drones. That is why we promote an open communication culture in which everyone can get involved. Diversity, different opinions, and mindsets are the breeding ground for breakthrough innovations. Moreover, we offer a chance to leverage your experience in a dynamic and multidisciplinary working environment and grow together with Voliro. You will work with robotics and automation experts and drone enthusiasts who are happy to share their knowledge. Furthermore, we have a fantastic office in the heart of Zurich (1min from Central) and can offer you a competitive package including a stock option plan. We also give our employees the flexibility in working hours and work-from-home option.
We will only consider complete applications. Please reach out to us if you have questions or feel unsure about some requirements. We are looking forward to meeting you in person and to share with you our challenges and vision.
If you have any further questions, feel free to reach out to us via email@example.com
Your contact person: