We need you!
Voliro is developing the next generation of drones that can fly, see, and touch. We are pushing the limits to enable drone missions that were unthinkable until now. The people, the drone enthusiasts, the engineering masterminds behind Voliro are the key to achieve our goals, which is why we are always looking to expand our team with motivated new talents. Equal opportunity is important to us, which is why we are looking for the best-qualified individual, regardless of their background to join our multicultural team.
Starting date: July 2020 or as soon as possible.
Your Tasks and Responsibilities
- Help Voliro shape our novel flying platform to achieve a high degree of reliability, usability, and robustness
- Take charge of the testing infrastructure and test flight procedures in collaboration with our engineers and external project partners
- Carry out regular flight tests both internally and with our project partners.
- Rigorously test, evaluate and challenge the system and help us expand its capabilities and make our robotic solutions market-compliant
- Work closely with the electrical, mechanical, and engineering teams to identify problems and risks
- Challenge, influence, and improve the design, documentation, and implementation of our product and hold it to a high standard
- You are the interface to 3rd party certification and testing authorities. You identify the required certifications and carry out the required testing and certification applications
- You have an attention for detail, challenge the status quo, and have excellent problem-solving skills. You have an excellent understanding of electronic and software systems. A great team spirit and the shared vision to change the drone industry is our recipe for success. We are looking for a team player who is contributing her/his opinion, identifies problems, and suggests solutions. As part of our team, you should share our fascination and passion for drones and pushing the boundaries of what they can do.
- Experience Bachelor's or Master's degree in mechanical/electrical engineering [or equivalent]
- 3+ years of industry experience in a related position
- Experience with product certification processes and regulatory compliant design (safety, EC, EMI)
- Familiarity with the most relevant European, North American, and Chinese standards and regulations regarding required certifications (CE, FCC, FAA, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot complex systems (electronics and firmware)
- Autonomous, pragmatic, meticulous and highly motivated
- Good command of spoken/written English
- Drone piloting experience
- Software development experience within Dronecode (or related) open-source ecosystems
- Software development skills in C++/CUDA/Python and SITL/HIL testing
- Experience with embedded systems (STM32), NVIDIA embedded platforms and embedded software development
- Experience with simulation environments (gazebo, Unreal)
We encourage our team members to impact the development of the next generation of drones. That is why we promote an open communication culture in which everyone can get involved. Diversity, different opinions, and mindsets are the breeding ground for breakthrough innovations. Moreover, we offer a chance to leverage your experience in a dynamic and multidisciplinary working environment and grow together with Voliro. You will work with robotics and automation experts and drone enthusiasts who are happy to share their knowledge. Furthermore, we have a fantastic office in the heart of Zurich (1min from Central) and can offer you a competitive package including a stock option plan. We also give our employees the flexibility in working hours and work-from-home option.
We will only consider complete applications. Please reach out to us if you have questions or feel unsure about some requirements. We are looking forward to meeting you in person and to share with you our challenges and vision.
If you have any further questions, feel free to reach out to us via email@example.com
Your contact person: