Mechanical Engineer for Robotics
We need you!
Voliro is developing the next generation of drones that can fly, see, and touch. We are pushing the limits to enable drone missions that were unthinkable until now. The people, the drone enthusiasts, the engineering masterminds behind Voliro are the key to achieve our goals, which is why we are always looking to expand our team with motivated new talents. Equal opportunity is important to us, which is why we are looking for the best-qualified individual, regardless of their background to join our multicultural team.
Mechanical Engineer for Robotics
Starting date: July 2020 or as soon as possible.
Your Tasks and Responsibilities
- Help Voliro tackle challenging new problems by developing innovative CAD designs for drones
- Rigorously test, evaluate and challenge the mechanical system and help us to expand its capabilities
- Work within a multidisciplinary team where you will gain experience in software development, hardware design, integration, and drone assembly
- Assemble drones and equipment prototypes
- Collaborate with external manufacturers and coordinate the in-house assembly
- Improve and assess long-term reliability by performing quality and robustness tests
- Help Voliro navigate the path from novel concepts and prototypes to a reliable, certified product
- Explore and evaluate new approaches and technologies through rapid prototyping and conducting feasibility studies
- [Optional] Supervise interns and student projects in collaboration with ETH Zurich
- You have excellent skills in mechanical design, a good understanding of modern materials and manufacturing processes, and experience in pushing a prototype all the way to production. A great team spirit and the shared vision to change the drone industry is our recipe for success. We are looking for a team player who is contributing her/his opinion and challenges the status quo. As part of our team, you should share our fascination and passion for drones and pushing the boundaries of what they can do.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering (or equivalent qualification)
- Experience with CAD design
- Experience in rapid prototyping of parts for drones, robots or equivalent
- A good understanding of industrial manufacturing and assembly processes
- Experience with modern 3D printing systems for rapid prototyping
- Proven record of designing innovative solutions and good problem-solving skills
- Autonomous, goal-oriented, creative, and highly motivated
- Good command of spoken/written English
- Experience with flying systems and aerodynamics
- Experience with product certification processes
- Experience with embedded systems and electrical engineering
- Software development skills in C++/CUDA/Python
We encourage our team members to impact the development of the next generation of drones. That is why we promote an open communication culture in which everyone can get involved. Diversity, different opinions, and mindsets are the breeding ground for breakthrough innovations. Moreover, we offer a chance to leverage your experience in a dynamic and multidisciplinary working environment and grow together with Voliro. You will work with robotics and automation experts and drone enthusiasts who are happy to share their knowledge. Furthermore, we have a fantastic office in the heart of Zurich (1min from Central) and can offer you a competitive package including a stock option plan. We also give our employees the flexibility in working hours and work-from-home option.
We will only consider complete applications. Please reach out to us if you have questions or feel unsure about some requirements. We are looking forward to meeting you in person and to share with you our challenges and vision.
If you have any further questions, feel free to reach out to us via email@example.com
Your contact person: